Three-mendous result for Diss
A solid performance in terrible conditions gave Diss Ladies a 3-0 hockey win over Harriers. This win secured third place in the league for Diss, in their first season in Division Two.
A solid performance in terrible conditions gave Diss Ladies a 3-0 hockey win over Harriers.
This win secured third place in the league for Diss, in their first season in Division Two.
Diss play Pelican Colts at 2pm at East Harling this week in the final game of the season.
This is a game which the Colts need to win to secure the league championship.
Harriers, in their busy week, only fielded 10 players and Diss took full advantage of their greater numbers when Sam Howard scored a great goal from just inside the D.
Diss soon got a second when Tanya Chenery finished off a good move.
- 1 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 2 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 3 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
The rest of the first half was evenly contested as Harriers wouldn't let Diss settle and some good work by Keeley Reed and Megan Browne kept the Harriers' attack at bay.
The second half started with a barrage of Diss pressure. Harriers couldn't clear their lines and no-one knows how Diss didn't add to their tally.
Harriers managed to weather the storm and started to play some nice hockey and on a couple of occasions caught Diss on the break and should have scored.
With 15 minutes to go, Diss player-manager Lindsay Cates made a rare appearance and it was her persistence that led to Ann Plowman smashing in the third.
Harriers showed a lot of spirit and should take credit for their battling display.