Tough return for Harleston
Watton III 3, Magpies Ladies IV 1FOLLOWING a break of close to two months, Harleston Magpies travelled to Watton to play their first league match of 2010.
Watton III 3, Magpies Ladies IV 1
FOLLOWING a break of close to two months, Harleston Magpies travelled to Watton to play their first league match of 2010.
The home side came out hard and dominated possession for the opening ten minutes, with most of the play in Magpies defending third.
The away side defended well and absorbed the pressure and started to assert themselves, making some dangerous moves on the break.
You may also want to watch:
The game settled into a steady rhythm with both sides having their share of the play and threatening to break the deadlock.
It was Magpies who got the opener; a quick move on the counterattack ending with a superb shot from the edge of the D from Rhiann Earrye flying into the far corner.
- 1 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 3 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
Kristina Erith in the Magpies goal made a fantastic double save and Magpies thought they would take their lead into the break, but with only minutes to go before half-time the home side scrambled an equaliser over the line.
Magpies came out positively for the second half, confident they could get something from the game but Watton had other ideas and soon found themselves 3-1 up, and after that Magpies could find no way back.
The away side had a couple of chances, and with better luck on another day they could have snuck a draw, but it wasn't to be.
All things considered it wasn't an awful result for Magpies first game back, and there is certainly only one way to go from here!