Tough return for Harleston
Watton III 3, Magpies Ladies IV 1FOLLOWING a break of close to two months, Harleston Magpies travelled to Watton to play their first league match of 2010.
Watton III 3, Magpies Ladies IV 1
FOLLOWING a break of close to two months, Harleston Magpies travelled to Watton to play their first league match of 2010.
The home side came out hard and dominated possession for the opening ten minutes, with most of the play in Magpies defending third.
The away side defended well and absorbed the pressure and started to assert themselves, making some dangerous moves on the break.
You may also want to watch:
The game settled into a steady rhythm with both sides having their share of the play and threatening to break the deadlock.
It was Magpies who got the opener; a quick move on the counterattack ending with a superb shot from the edge of the D from Rhiann Earrye flying into the far corner.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
Kristina Erith in the Magpies goal made a fantastic double save and Magpies thought they would take their lead into the break, but with only minutes to go before half-time the home side scrambled an equaliser over the line.
Magpies came out positively for the second half, confident they could get something from the game but Watton had other ideas and soon found themselves 3-1 up, and after that Magpies could find no way back.
The away side had a couple of chances, and with better luck on another day they could have snuck a draw, but it wasn't to be.
All things considered it wasn't an awful result for Magpies first game back, and there is certainly only one way to go from here!