Trophy time for table tennis league
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.
The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
Chris Willoughby presented the trophies.
Premier League: winner Pulham, runner-up: Shotguns A. Division One: Winner: Newton Flotman Eagles, runner-up: Shotguns F. Knock-Out Handicap Cup: Winner: Palgrave Terriers, runner-up: Withersdale Bees.
You may also want to watch:
Handicap Singles: winner Darren Hubbard, runner-up: Jason Evans. Open Singles: Winner John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Open Doubles: winners: James Skilleter and Peter Maybury, runner-up: John Monk and Trevor Cottee. First Division Singles: winner: Nigel Bowen, runner-up: Richard Pursehouse.
Over 60's Singles: Stuart Langridge, runner-up: Adrian Key. Over 50's Singles: Winner: Francis Webb, runner-up: Nigel Bowen. Over 40's Singles: winner: John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Over 18's: Under 40's: winner: James Skilleter, runner-up: David Mortlock. Under 18's Singles: winner: Darren Hubbard, runner-up: George Cole. Under 14's Singles: Nathan Lamb, runner-up: Holly Fleming.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
First Division Doubles: winners: Richard Pursehouse and Terry Rayner, runner-up: Kieran Brady and John Williams. Pot-Luck Doubles: winners: Paul Mortlock and James Childs, runner-up: Nigel Bowen and Zak Torrance. Most Improved Player: George Cole. Sports Personality: John Monk.
The annual meeting will be held on Monday, June 8 at Brome Swan, starting at 8pm.