Trophy time for table tennis league
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.
The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
Chris Willoughby presented the trophies.
Premier League: winner Pulham, runner-up: Shotguns A. Division One: Winner: Newton Flotman Eagles, runner-up: Shotguns F. Knock-Out Handicap Cup: Winner: Palgrave Terriers, runner-up: Withersdale Bees.
Handicap Singles: winner Darren Hubbard, runner-up: Jason Evans. Open Singles: Winner John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Open Doubles: winners: James Skilleter and Peter Maybury, runner-up: John Monk and Trevor Cottee. First Division Singles: winner: Nigel Bowen, runner-up: Richard Pursehouse.
Over 60's Singles: Stuart Langridge, runner-up: Adrian Key. Over 50's Singles: Winner: Francis Webb, runner-up: Nigel Bowen. Over 40's Singles: winner: John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Over 18's: Under 40's: winner: James Skilleter, runner-up: David Mortlock. Under 18's Singles: winner: Darren Hubbard, runner-up: George Cole. Under 14's Singles: Nathan Lamb, runner-up: Holly Fleming.
- 1 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 3 Meet Norfolk's own Karate Kid - who hopes to compete on world stage
- 4 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 5 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 6 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 7 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 8 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 9 Fears 'intrusive pylons' would surround market town
- 10 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
First Division Doubles: winners: Richard Pursehouse and Terry Rayner, runner-up: Kieran Brady and John Williams. Pot-Luck Doubles: winners: Paul Mortlock and James Childs, runner-up: Nigel Bowen and Zak Torrance. Most Improved Player: George Cole. Sports Personality: John Monk.
The annual meeting will be held on Monday, June 8 at Brome Swan, starting at 8pm.