Trophy time for table tennis league
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.
The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
Chris Willoughby presented the trophies.
Premier League: winner Pulham, runner-up: Shotguns A. Division One: Winner: Newton Flotman Eagles, runner-up: Shotguns F. Knock-Out Handicap Cup: Winner: Palgrave Terriers, runner-up: Withersdale Bees.
You may also want to watch:
Handicap Singles: winner Darren Hubbard, runner-up: Jason Evans. Open Singles: Winner John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Open Doubles: winners: James Skilleter and Peter Maybury, runner-up: John Monk and Trevor Cottee. First Division Singles: winner: Nigel Bowen, runner-up: Richard Pursehouse.
Over 60's Singles: Stuart Langridge, runner-up: Adrian Key. Over 50's Singles: Winner: Francis Webb, runner-up: Nigel Bowen. Over 40's Singles: winner: John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Over 18's: Under 40's: winner: James Skilleter, runner-up: David Mortlock. Under 18's Singles: winner: Darren Hubbard, runner-up: George Cole. Under 14's Singles: Nathan Lamb, runner-up: Holly Fleming.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
First Division Doubles: winners: Richard Pursehouse and Terry Rayner, runner-up: Kieran Brady and John Williams. Pot-Luck Doubles: winners: Paul Mortlock and James Childs, runner-up: Nigel Bowen and Zak Torrance. Most Improved Player: George Cole. Sports Personality: John Monk.
The annual meeting will be held on Monday, June 8 at Brome Swan, starting at 8pm.