Trophy time for table tennis league
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
THE Diss and District Table Tennis league ended its season on Saturday evening with their end-of-season presentation evening.
The league would like to thank all its sponsors, including the two league sponsors of Leisure Sport (Premier Division) and Speedy Bat Sports (First Division).
Chris Willoughby presented the trophies.
Premier League: winner Pulham, runner-up: Shotguns A. Division One: Winner: Newton Flotman Eagles, runner-up: Shotguns F. Knock-Out Handicap Cup: Winner: Palgrave Terriers, runner-up: Withersdale Bees.
You may also want to watch:
Handicap Singles: winner Darren Hubbard, runner-up: Jason Evans. Open Singles: Winner John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Open Doubles: winners: James Skilleter and Peter Maybury, runner-up: John Monk and Trevor Cottee. First Division Singles: winner: Nigel Bowen, runner-up: Richard Pursehouse.
Over 60's Singles: Stuart Langridge, runner-up: Adrian Key. Over 50's Singles: Winner: Francis Webb, runner-up: Nigel Bowen. Over 40's Singles: winner: John Monk, Runner-Up: Steven Pendle. Over 18's: Under 40's: winner: James Skilleter, runner-up: David Mortlock. Under 18's Singles: winner: Darren Hubbard, runner-up: George Cole. Under 14's Singles: Nathan Lamb, runner-up: Holly Fleming.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
First Division Doubles: winners: Richard Pursehouse and Terry Rayner, runner-up: Kieran Brady and John Williams. Pot-Luck Doubles: winners: Paul Mortlock and James Childs, runner-up: Nigel Bowen and Zak Torrance. Most Improved Player: George Cole. Sports Personality: John Monk.
The annual meeting will be held on Monday, June 8 at Brome Swan, starting at 8pm.