Valley stay on top
HETHERSETT and Tas Valley stay top of the Norfolk Alliance third division despite being frustrated for the second consecutive week.Once again they had to settle for a winning draw after just failing to bowl out their opposition.
HETHERSETT and Tas Valley stay top of the Norfolk Alliance third division despite being frustrated for the second consecutive week.
Once again they had to settle for a winning draw after just failing to bowl out their opposition. This time Swaffham were the stumbling block as Hethersett have to re-adjust to the idea of winning and losing draws after seasons of straight results in the Norfolk League.
Hethersett batted first and scored a solid 248-7 from their 46 overs with good contributions from Matt Ellis 58, Tim Shelley 29, Dave Cosford 39 not out and Matt Steward 37 proving once again the club's batting strength in depth.
Swaffham hung on to score 226-9 with Hethersett unable to get the vital 10th wicket. Matt Ellis rounded off a fine individual performance with 4-22.
Hethersett and Tas Valley Seconds lost their Alliance Division Six match by five wickets after setting Garboldisham a target of 196.
Hethersett batted first and an unbeaten 80 from Jack Smith supported by Robert Mitchell 21 and Tony Wenham 34 saw them to a total of 195-8.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 3 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 4 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 5 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 6 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 9 Suffolk police volunteer and her horse win national award
- 10 Police investigate three cat shootings in Eye
Garboldisham reached their target for the loss of five wickets with five overs to spare. Dave Austin took 3-52 and Phil Walmsley 2-44.
Hethersett and Tas Valley Thirds went down to leaders North Elmham by 142 runs in the Norfolk League. Elmham scored 240-4 in their 45 overs and then skittled Hethersett out for 98 in 41.1 overs with Alex Bugg top scoring with 20.
Hethersett and Tas Valley Sunday lost to North Runcton by eight wickets in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League Division One.
Hethersett batted first and scored a respectable 205 with Matt Ellis top scoring with 63. North Runcton had no problem reaching their target for the loss of just two wickets in 34.5 overs.
Hethersett and Tas Valley U11s beat Mundford U11s by 35 runs in the Norfolk Alliance U11 League. The club's U15s went down to Great Melton U15s by 10 wickets in the South Norfolk U15s Community League.
This week Hethersett and Tas Valley first visit Fakenham in the Norfolk Alliance, the Seconds are home to Vauxhall Mallards Thirds and the Thirds are home to Blundeston in the Norfolk League. The Sunday side take on Vauxhall Mallards.