Victory delight for Stradbroke
A league win for Stradbroke is an endangered species in 2011, so the thorough nature of their victory over leaders Coddenham and Grundisburgh may just breathe new life into the club.
Stradbroke B beat Coddenham and Grundisburgh by 121 runs in the MSC Suffolk Alliance Section D.
Everything went to plan as openers Ollie Bickley (52) and Matt Wise (47) set the platform with their differing styles of batting.
The big push in the middle faltered as T Collins took three quick wickets, but this only gave Damien Phelan (30), Lewis Taylor (26) and Ben Flatt (22 not out) more time to join the party.
C&G's pursuit of 225 stumbled against Sam Johnson, bowling so fast that the only runs off his seven overs were extras.
You may also want to watch:
The more sedate James Gilbee then saw batsman after batsman hole out.
There were six catches and two stumpings as Gilbee took five for 34, Chris Bacon 3 for 34, and a win so comfortable you wonder why Stradbroke have struggled so.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Stradbroke B 225 for eight, Coddenham and Grundisburgh 104.