Victory delight for Stradbroke
A league win for Stradbroke is an endangered species in 2011, so the thorough nature of their victory over leaders Coddenham and Grundisburgh may just breathe new life into the club.
Stradbroke B beat Coddenham and Grundisburgh by 121 runs in the MSC Suffolk Alliance Section D.
Everything went to plan as openers Ollie Bickley (52) and Matt Wise (47) set the platform with their differing styles of batting.
The big push in the middle faltered as T Collins took three quick wickets, but this only gave Damien Phelan (30), Lewis Taylor (26) and Ben Flatt (22 not out) more time to join the party.
C&G's pursuit of 225 stumbled against Sam Johnson, bowling so fast that the only runs off his seven overs were extras.
You may also want to watch:
The more sedate James Gilbee then saw batsman after batsman hole out.
There were six catches and two stumpings as Gilbee took five for 34, Chris Bacon 3 for 34, and a win so comfortable you wonder why Stradbroke have struggled so.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 6 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
Stradbroke B 225 for eight, Coddenham and Grundisburgh 104.