Victory delight for Stradbroke
A league win for Stradbroke is an endangered species in 2011, so the thorough nature of their victory over leaders Coddenham and Grundisburgh may just breathe new life into the club.
Stradbroke B beat Coddenham and Grundisburgh by 121 runs in the MSC Suffolk Alliance Section D.
Everything went to plan as openers Ollie Bickley (52) and Matt Wise (47) set the platform with their differing styles of batting.
The big push in the middle faltered as T Collins took three quick wickets, but this only gave Damien Phelan (30), Lewis Taylor (26) and Ben Flatt (22 not out) more time to join the party.
C&G's pursuit of 225 stumbled against Sam Johnson, bowling so fast that the only runs off his seven overs were extras.
You may also want to watch:
The more sedate James Gilbee then saw batsman after batsman hole out.
There were six catches and two stumpings as Gilbee took five for 34, Chris Bacon 3 for 34, and a win so comfortable you wonder why Stradbroke have struggled so.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 7 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 8 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Lidl suffers £25m losses after expansion
Stradbroke B 225 for eight, Coddenham and Grundisburgh 104.