Visiting team successful at Diss Golf Club Ladies’ Open
- Credit: Archant
Diss Golf Club's Ladies' Open event was once again very popular, with 20 teams from 18 different clubs from Norfolk and Suffolk taking part.
On a chilly but dry day the competition format was a Team Stableford and some very good scores were recorded.
The winning team of four from Woodbridge GC, with an excellent score of 104 points, were Ann Graves, Sheila Burgess, Pippa Neall and Nina Nielson. The runners-up from Newton Green GC came close with 102 points.
Diss ladies' captain Jenny Chamberlin had many people to thank for their great organisation of the event. She also thanked club members, management and visitors for their support and the club catering team for the meal after the event.
A raffle was held, with prizes being provided by club member, with the profits going to the Ladies' Captain's charity MS Society.
You may also want to watch:
An excellent £485 was raised.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 8 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards