Visiting team successful at Diss Golf Club Ladies’ Open
- Credit: Archant
Diss Golf Club's Ladies' Open event was once again very popular, with 20 teams from 18 different clubs from Norfolk and Suffolk taking part.
On a chilly but dry day the competition format was a Team Stableford and some very good scores were recorded.
The winning team of four from Woodbridge GC, with an excellent score of 104 points, were Ann Graves, Sheila Burgess, Pippa Neall and Nina Nielson. The runners-up from Newton Green GC came close with 102 points.
Diss ladies' captain Jenny Chamberlin had many people to thank for their great organisation of the event. She also thanked club members, management and visitors for their support and the club catering team for the meal after the event.
A raffle was held, with prizes being provided by club member, with the profits going to the Ladies' Captain's charity MS Society.
You may also want to watch:
An excellent £485 was raised.
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget