Visiting team successful at Diss Golf Club Ladies’ Open
- Credit: Archant
Diss Golf Club's Ladies' Open event was once again very popular, with 20 teams from 18 different clubs from Norfolk and Suffolk taking part.
On a chilly but dry day the competition format was a Team Stableford and some very good scores were recorded.
The winning team of four from Woodbridge GC, with an excellent score of 104 points, were Ann Graves, Sheila Burgess, Pippa Neall and Nina Nielson. The runners-up from Newton Green GC came close with 102 points.
Diss ladies' captain Jenny Chamberlin had many people to thank for their great organisation of the event. She also thanked club members, management and visitors for their support and the club catering team for the meal after the event.
A raffle was held, with prizes being provided by club member, with the profits going to the Ladies' Captain's charity MS Society.
You may also want to watch:
An excellent £485 was raised.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations