Vixens battle in Bury
Thirteen Diss Vixens, young and older, travelled to what was Bury Festival of sport - this three-way competition being one of the star attractions.The Vixens gathered on the touchline somewhat in awe of the size and number of the opposition.
Thirteen Diss Vixens, young and older, travelled to what was Bury Festival of sport - this three-way competition being one of the star attractions.
The Vixens gathered on the touchline somewhat in awe of the size and number of the opposition.
Coach Gareth chose his starting line up to include experience and energy.
Diss were still asleep for the first few minutes (putting the clocks forward was the excuse!) and conceded two quick tries. A rearrangement of the positions and some good teamwork and handling lead to tries by Ellie and Jenny. Bury were able to counter each try, but on the stroke of half time Taryn scored a break away try to finish the half 3-4 down.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was dominated by Diss with a further eight tries being run in. The referee blew up for full time to avoid too big a score gap. Try scorers were Naomi 2, Rachael 2, Taryn 2, Ellie and Jenny.
Final score 11-7 to Diss.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
A quick turn round saw the Diss players against the second of the Bury sides where fresh legs made a big difference. Bury were ready to start as Diss were working out how many they should have on the pitch!
Diss lost some of their momentum but still managed some excellent levels of skill.
This Bury team were more physical and used this to take out some of the Diss players, tripping up and injuring Daisy who was clear just before the half-time whistle. Diss went in trailing 1-2 from another Taryn try.
Diss were tired in the second half when both teams made some errors. Unfortunately for Diss the referee made some controversial decisions which led to them scoring several times without reply. The final score was 4-7 to Bury with tries in the second half from Jenny, Abi (great solo effort!) and Naomi.
Well done to all who played, great team work. Good to see some of the younger and more inexperienced players playing key roles in each match.
The third game between the two Bury sides was under way when the Vixens left to try out some of the new sports on offer for free in the Leisure Centre!
Team: Rachael, Naomi, Abi, Jenny, Coley, Taryn, Harriet, Millie, Ellie,Daisy, Amber, Chelsea and Emmi-Ann.