Wall takes top haul
Members of Diss Angling Club enjoyed a trip to the Mere in the centre of Diss last weekend, with the midweek bad weather adding to the cold water at the bottom of the Mere making for a slow day's fishing.
Members of Diss AC enjoyed a trip to the Mere but the cold water at the bottom of the Mere made for a slow day's fishing.
Peter Wall made the best of the day's action in what proved to be a very close match. He caught roach at a steady pace to finish with 6lb 14oz. Second was Ben Wilby with roach to 6lb 6�oz. Third was Stephen Edwards with 6lb 1�oz. The next club event is this weekend at Eye Ponds old side. Draw is at 9am.
Anglers from the Diss and Eye club travelled to West Mersea to fish for cod about four miles offshore. 102 cod and whiting were caught. Best fish of the day went to Keith Carter (Hoxne) with nine cod to 4lb 4oz.
Other results: Paul Stowe (Scole) six fish, Colin Haddock (Thordon) 16, Nigel Bryant (Laxfield) 13, Peter Amies (Laxfield) seven, Michael Thorndyke (Eye) nine, Pip Mills (Diss) nine, Charlie Flatman (Burgate) 16, Jon Knight (Scole) 17.
On the second day members went 14 miles offshore. Best fish was by Callum Newcombe, 11, of Tibenham (10lb thornback ray), second was Colin Haddock (Thorndon) with a 9lb 8oz thornback and 7lb 8oz cod.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?