Wall takes top haul
Members of Diss Angling Club enjoyed a trip to the Mere in the centre of Diss last weekend, with the midweek bad weather adding to the cold water at the bottom of the Mere making for a slow day's fishing.
Members of Diss AC enjoyed a trip to the Mere but the cold water at the bottom of the Mere made for a slow day's fishing.
Peter Wall made the best of the day's action in what proved to be a very close match. He caught roach at a steady pace to finish with 6lb 14oz. Second was Ben Wilby with roach to 6lb 6�oz. Third was Stephen Edwards with 6lb 1�oz. The next club event is this weekend at Eye Ponds old side. Draw is at 9am.
Anglers from the Diss and Eye club travelled to West Mersea to fish for cod about four miles offshore. 102 cod and whiting were caught. Best fish of the day went to Keith Carter (Hoxne) with nine cod to 4lb 4oz.
Other results: Paul Stowe (Scole) six fish, Colin Haddock (Thordon) 16, Nigel Bryant (Laxfield) 13, Peter Amies (Laxfield) seven, Michael Thorndyke (Eye) nine, Pip Mills (Diss) nine, Charlie Flatman (Burgate) 16, Jon Knight (Scole) 17.
You may also want to watch:
On the second day members went 14 miles offshore. Best fish was by Callum Newcombe, 11, of Tibenham (10lb thornback ray), second was Colin Haddock (Thorndon) with a 9lb 8oz thornback and 7lb 8oz cod.
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 10 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip