Wall takes top haul
Members of Diss Angling Club enjoyed a trip to the Mere in the centre of Diss last weekend, with the midweek bad weather adding to the cold water at the bottom of the Mere making for a slow day's fishing.
Members of Diss AC enjoyed a trip to the Mere but the cold water at the bottom of the Mere made for a slow day's fishing.
Peter Wall made the best of the day's action in what proved to be a very close match. He caught roach at a steady pace to finish with 6lb 14oz. Second was Ben Wilby with roach to 6lb 6�oz. Third was Stephen Edwards with 6lb 1�oz. The next club event is this weekend at Eye Ponds old side. Draw is at 9am.
Anglers from the Diss and Eye club travelled to West Mersea to fish for cod about four miles offshore. 102 cod and whiting were caught. Best fish of the day went to Keith Carter (Hoxne) with nine cod to 4lb 4oz.
Other results: Paul Stowe (Scole) six fish, Colin Haddock (Thordon) 16, Nigel Bryant (Laxfield) 13, Peter Amies (Laxfield) seven, Michael Thorndyke (Eye) nine, Pip Mills (Diss) nine, Charlie Flatman (Burgate) 16, Jon Knight (Scole) 17.
You may also want to watch:
On the second day members went 14 miles offshore. Best fish was by Callum Newcombe, 11, of Tibenham (10lb thornback ray), second was Colin Haddock (Thorndon) with a 9lb 8oz thornback and 7lb 8oz cod.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 3 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s