Wall takes top haul
Members of Diss Angling Club enjoyed a trip to the Mere in the centre of Diss last weekend, with the midweek bad weather adding to the cold water at the bottom of the Mere making for a slow day's fishing.
Members of Diss AC enjoyed a trip to the Mere but the cold water at the bottom of the Mere made for a slow day's fishing.
Peter Wall made the best of the day's action in what proved to be a very close match. He caught roach at a steady pace to finish with 6lb 14oz. Second was Ben Wilby with roach to 6lb 6�oz. Third was Stephen Edwards with 6lb 1�oz. The next club event is this weekend at Eye Ponds old side. Draw is at 9am.
Anglers from the Diss and Eye club travelled to West Mersea to fish for cod about four miles offshore. 102 cod and whiting were caught. Best fish of the day went to Keith Carter (Hoxne) with nine cod to 4lb 4oz.
Other results: Paul Stowe (Scole) six fish, Colin Haddock (Thordon) 16, Nigel Bryant (Laxfield) 13, Peter Amies (Laxfield) seven, Michael Thorndyke (Eye) nine, Pip Mills (Diss) nine, Charlie Flatman (Burgate) 16, Jon Knight (Scole) 17.
You may also want to watch:
On the second day members went 14 miles offshore. Best fish was by Callum Newcombe, 11, of Tibenham (10lb thornback ray), second was Colin Haddock (Thorndon) with a 9lb 8oz thornback and 7lb 8oz cod.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks