Wapping win for Magpies
Harleston Magpies II continued their push for promotion and whilst not playing as well as the previous week, they comfortably beat Wapping II 6-2. Magpies got off to a good early start with good link up between Fields and J Legg, Jamie's first shot was well saved by the keeper and the second being touched in by Fields who had made up good ground.
Harleston Magpies II continued their push for promotion and whilst not playing as well as the previous week, they comfortably beat Wapping II 6-2.
Magpies got off to a good early start with good link up between Fields and J Legg, Jamie's first shot was well saved by the keeper and the second being touched in by Fields who had made up good ground.
A second goal quickly followed from a penalty corner when the initial shot was saved by the keeper and Duncan Steven followed up and finished coolly.
A third quickly followed when a good break from Jamie Legg, who squared it to Dave Francis whose cross found Si Hipwell on the by-line and then his square ball found Martin Fields who finished into the bottom corner to gain his first half brace.
You may also want to watch:
Just before half-time Wapping had a sustained amount of pressure which resulted in two consecutive penalty corners, the second of which was converted when a good shot in was deflected into the bottom had corner.
At half-time and the score being 3-1 Magpies thought they should have been further up.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
With the second half, a fourth goal quickly followed from Dave Francis after James Stacey rounded the keeper and laid the ball back for Francis to finish.
The fifth goal was another penalty corner, however this time Dan Leggs strike was good enough to beat the keeper to the bottom corner.
Wapping got another goal back from another penalty corner, where their drag flick eluded both Livings and Snelling to find its way into the net.
The scoring was ended after good inter play from Si Hipwell and Duncan Steven which in Hipwell scoring.
Next up for Magpies is an away trip to Witham.