Wapping win for Magpies
Harleston Magpies II continued their push for promotion and whilst not playing as well as the previous week, they comfortably beat Wapping II 6-2. Magpies got off to a good early start with good link up between Fields and J Legg, Jamie's first shot was well saved by the keeper and the second being touched in by Fields who had made up good ground.
Harleston Magpies II continued their push for promotion and whilst not playing as well as the previous week, they comfortably beat Wapping II 6-2.
Magpies got off to a good early start with good link up between Fields and J Legg, Jamie's first shot was well saved by the keeper and the second being touched in by Fields who had made up good ground.
A second goal quickly followed from a penalty corner when the initial shot was saved by the keeper and Duncan Steven followed up and finished coolly.
A third quickly followed when a good break from Jamie Legg, who squared it to Dave Francis whose cross found Si Hipwell on the by-line and then his square ball found Martin Fields who finished into the bottom corner to gain his first half brace.
You may also want to watch:
Just before half-time Wapping had a sustained amount of pressure which resulted in two consecutive penalty corners, the second of which was converted when a good shot in was deflected into the bottom had corner.
At half-time and the score being 3-1 Magpies thought they should have been further up.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 3 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 4 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
- 9 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
With the second half, a fourth goal quickly followed from Dave Francis after James Stacey rounded the keeper and laid the ball back for Francis to finish.
The fifth goal was another penalty corner, however this time Dan Leggs strike was good enough to beat the keeper to the bottom corner.
Wapping got another goal back from another penalty corner, where their drag flick eluded both Livings and Snelling to find its way into the net.
The scoring was ended after good inter play from Si Hipwell and Duncan Steven which in Hipwell scoring.
Next up for Magpies is an away trip to Witham.