IT was a battle of the method men in Diss Angling Club's match on the Mere in Diss on Saturday.
Bill Davies only had no plan of attack, which was all out on the tip rod when he claimed victory. Within the first hour two carp had made it to the net but he lost one.
After a few bait changes seven more carp made it to the net, giving Davies a final weight of 33lb 12oz. Andrew Mears too fished the method from the back of the shops. He got a few carp, the biggest one just over 11lb. Mears finished in second place with 20lb 11oz. Third on the day was George Wilby with 6lb 11oz.
The Committee Cup was fished down at Eye ponds old side on Sunday,. George Wilby got a win on a very hard day, which saw the second early frost.
Silver fish made up Wilby's net of 4lb 3oz for the cup. Second was Andrew Mears, again silvers made up his final weight of 3lb 13oz.
You may also want to watch:
Third went to Steven Edwards with 3lb 4.5oz.
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days