IT was a battle of the method men in Diss Angling Club's match on the Mere in Diss on Saturday.
Bill Davies only had no plan of attack, which was all out on the tip rod when he claimed victory. Within the first hour two carp had made it to the net but he lost one.
After a few bait changes seven more carp made it to the net, giving Davies a final weight of 33lb 12oz. Andrew Mears too fished the method from the back of the shops. He got a few carp, the biggest one just over 11lb. Mears finished in second place with 20lb 11oz. Third on the day was George Wilby with 6lb 11oz.
The Committee Cup was fished down at Eye ponds old side on Sunday,. George Wilby got a win on a very hard day, which saw the second early frost.
Silver fish made up Wilby's net of 4lb 3oz for the cup. Second was Andrew Mears, again silvers made up his final weight of 3lb 13oz.
Third went to Steven Edwards with 3lb 4.5oz.
- 1 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 2 Norfolk hair salon named best in region at national awards
- 3 Frustration as vulnerable people in Norfolk left waiting for Covid boosters
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 7 Norfolk hot honey sauce 'going out in pallet fulls' across the UK
- 8 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 9 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 10 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely