IT was a battle of the method men in Diss Angling Club's match on the Mere in Diss on Saturday.
Bill Davies only had no plan of attack, which was all out on the tip rod when he claimed victory. Within the first hour two carp had made it to the net but he lost one.
After a few bait changes seven more carp made it to the net, giving Davies a final weight of 33lb 12oz. Andrew Mears too fished the method from the back of the shops. He got a few carp, the biggest one just over 11lb. Mears finished in second place with 20lb 11oz. Third on the day was George Wilby with 6lb 11oz.
The Committee Cup was fished down at Eye ponds old side on Sunday,. George Wilby got a win on a very hard day, which saw the second early frost.
Silver fish made up Wilby's net of 4lb 3oz for the cup. Second was Andrew Mears, again silvers made up his final weight of 3lb 13oz.
You may also want to watch:
Third went to Steven Edwards with 3lb 4.5oz.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock