Weekend to savour for Hethersett
IT was a remarkable weekend of success for teams from Hethersett Athletic.Two weeks ago the club launched its vision for the future of girls' and women's football.
IT was a remarkable weekend of success for teams from Hethersett Athletic.
Two weeks ago the club launched its vision for the future of girls' and women's football.
That vision is already slotting into place with the women's team reaching the semi-finals of the League Cup with a fine 2-0 victory at Dagenham and Redbridge who were previously unbeaten this season. The win came following goals from Lisa Ferdani and Emily Coates.
Cup holders Hethersett will now take on Woodbridge at home in the semi-finals on April 12.
You may also want to watch:
The club's U16 Girls Hearts team defeated previously unbeaten Bohemians 2-0 to win the Norfolk and Suffolk Girls League U16 title. Their goals came from Hannah Waters and defender Megan Cletheroe (her first of the season).
The U13 girls brought more glory to the club by beating Aylsham 5-2 to assure themselves of runners-up slot. Sophie Rock hit four and the other came from Ella Stephenson.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 3 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
Not to be outdone, the highly successful men's Saturday team are now just two points away from winning the Crown Fire South and Central Norfolk Division Four title.
On Saturday they beat Splitz United 5-0 in their first group match in the Fen Regis Invitation Shield (Danny Gray 2, Matt Steward 2, Andy Oliver). With Northwold going down Hethersett are 13 points clear at the top of the league and are still in with a very good chance of three trophies.
The club's Sunday firsts improved their chances of avoiding relegation from the Norwich Sunday League premier Division with a good 2-0 home win over Poringland with their goals coming from Dominic Jones and Lee Barrett.
They remain third from bottom but are hitting some form at the right time.
The Sunday Reserves team drew 1-1 with Unicorn Reserves (Jonny Martin), the U16s went down 3-2 at home to Thorpe (James Youngs, Sam Brooks), the U16 Girls lost out 5-4 in a nine-goal thriller to Thorpe United (Lauren Matthews 2, Megan Todd, Emma Mulley), the U13 Boys beat Firside 2-0 with goals from Middleton and Foster and the U11s beat Watton 6-2 with a hat-trick from Sam Rix, two from Jessop and one from Pummell.