Wilby and Mears take the honours in early Diss Angling Club matches
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy start to the new season at Diss Angling Club with four matches taking place.
At Diss Mere nine turned up to fish and Ben Wilby took the honours with an impressive weight of 44lb 2oz from peg 13.
Ben targeted silvers from the start and never looked back, catching 10 bonus crucians too. Second was Billy Hughes with a weight of 20lb 4oz.
At Hinderclay Lake William 13 anglers turned up to fish the popular venue. Andrew Mears drew the hot peg 18 and took the win with seven carp for a total weight of 22lb 1oz, finishing just ahead of Barry Day with 21lb.
A silver fish only match on the Mere was won by Ben Wilby, weighing with in 47lb 8oz in wind and driving rain.
You may also want to watch:
At Saturday's match at Tunmore Lakes nine turned up on a hot still day and Andrew Mears managed another win with a weight of 34lb 12oz. Colin Lea was second with 17lb 6oz and Bill Davies was third.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
- 10 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100