Wilby and Mears take the honours in early Diss Angling Club matches
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy start to the new season at Diss Angling Club with four matches taking place.
At Diss Mere nine turned up to fish and Ben Wilby took the honours with an impressive weight of 44lb 2oz from peg 13.
Ben targeted silvers from the start and never looked back, catching 10 bonus crucians too. Second was Billy Hughes with a weight of 20lb 4oz.
At Hinderclay Lake William 13 anglers turned up to fish the popular venue. Andrew Mears drew the hot peg 18 and took the win with seven carp for a total weight of 22lb 1oz, finishing just ahead of Barry Day with 21lb.
A silver fish only match on the Mere was won by Ben Wilby, weighing with in 47lb 8oz in wind and driving rain.
At Saturday's match at Tunmore Lakes nine turned up on a hot still day and Andrew Mears managed another win with a weight of 34lb 12oz. Colin Lea was second with 17lb 6oz and Bill Davies was third.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?