Wilby wins at Eye
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.
But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
With eight anglers turning out a good draw was important.
George Wilby showed enough class to come out on top, when he fished caster on the pole.
You may also want to watch:
Wilby had a bag of all roach to finish with 7lb 15oz, five ounces ahead of second.
Keith Rodwell had a rare showing in the places. Fishing red maggot on a size 20 hook did the trick for Rodwell, giving Keith 7lb 10oz. Third place went to John Cole.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations