Wilby wins at Eye
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.
But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
With eight anglers turning out a good draw was important.
George Wilby showed enough class to come out on top, when he fished caster on the pole.
Wilby had a bag of all roach to finish with 7lb 15oz, five ounces ahead of second.
Keith Rodwell had a rare showing in the places. Fishing red maggot on a size 20 hook did the trick for Rodwell, giving Keith 7lb 10oz. Third place went to John Cole.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 3 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 4 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 5 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Suffolk police volunteer and her horse win national award
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 Police investigate three cat shootings in Eye