Wilby wins at Eye
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.
But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
With eight anglers turning out a good draw was important.
George Wilby showed enough class to come out on top, when he fished caster on the pole.
You may also want to watch:
Wilby had a bag of all roach to finish with 7lb 15oz, five ounces ahead of second.
Keith Rodwell had a rare showing in the places. Fishing red maggot on a size 20 hook did the trick for Rodwell, giving Keith 7lb 10oz. Third place went to John Cole.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021