Wilby wins at Eye
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
The final angling match of the 2008-2009 season was held at Eye ponds old side.
But with heavy cold rain dropping the water temperature, the fish went off the feed and the weights were down on where they should have been.
With eight anglers turning out a good draw was important.
George Wilby showed enough class to come out on top, when he fished caster on the pole.
Wilby had a bag of all roach to finish with 7lb 15oz, five ounces ahead of second.
Keith Rodwell had a rare showing in the places. Fishing red maggot on a size 20 hook did the trick for Rodwell, giving Keith 7lb 10oz. Third place went to John Cole.
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 3 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 6 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week