Wilson nets cup for Diss
Diss Town won the Ridgeons League Division One KO Cup last night, beating promoted Hadleigh 1-0 after extra time. Hadleigh had completed the league double over Diss but the closest they came to a goal in the 90 minutes was when Pat Fleming hit the post in the second half.
Diss Town won the Ridgeons League Division One KO Cup last night, beating promoted Hadleigh 1-0 after extra time.
Hadleigh had completed the league double over Diss but the closest they came to a goal in the 90 minutes was when Pat Fleming hit the post in the second half.
The winner came late in extra time when substitute Mark Shadrake played a fine pass to George Wilson and the 17-year-old ran at the Hadleigh defence before hitting a low, left-foot shot into the corner of the net from 25 yards out.
The Tangerines travel to Halstead in Ridgeons League Division One this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Diss beat visitors Godmanchester with a spectacular Jake Berry goal in a game of few chances with a real end-of-season feel to it.
George Wilson should have done better than shoot straight at goalkeeper Tim Trebes in the second minute of the match.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors
Moments later a cross from Danny Partridge flashed across the face of goal. Rob Stamper missed a chance to head Godmanchester into the lead at a 30th- minute corner.
It looked as though the match could end without a goal. However, that all changed after 67 minutes. Berry played a short corner to Jason Hunt and took the return pass. Berry moved forward and hit a 25-yard shot, curling into the net off the inside of the far post.
Match Sponsor: PMB Electrical Services of Old Buckenham.
Sponsors' Man of the Match: Stuart Jenkinson.