Wilson nets cup for Diss
Diss Town won the Ridgeons League Division One KO Cup last night, beating promoted Hadleigh 1-0 after extra time. Hadleigh had completed the league double over Diss but the closest they came to a goal in the 90 minutes was when Pat Fleming hit the post in the second half.
Diss Town won the Ridgeons League Division One KO Cup last night, beating promoted Hadleigh 1-0 after extra time.
Hadleigh had completed the league double over Diss but the closest they came to a goal in the 90 minutes was when Pat Fleming hit the post in the second half.
The winner came late in extra time when substitute Mark Shadrake played a fine pass to George Wilson and the 17-year-old ran at the Hadleigh defence before hitting a low, left-foot shot into the corner of the net from 25 yards out.
The Tangerines travel to Halstead in Ridgeons League Division One this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Diss beat visitors Godmanchester with a spectacular Jake Berry goal in a game of few chances with a real end-of-season feel to it.
George Wilson should have done better than shoot straight at goalkeeper Tim Trebes in the second minute of the match.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 4 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 7 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
Moments later a cross from Danny Partridge flashed across the face of goal. Rob Stamper missed a chance to head Godmanchester into the lead at a 30th- minute corner.
It looked as though the match could end without a goal. However, that all changed after 67 minutes. Berry played a short corner to Jason Hunt and took the return pass. Berry moved forward and hit a 25-yard shot, curling into the net off the inside of the far post.
Match Sponsor: PMB Electrical Services of Old Buckenham.
Sponsors' Man of the Match: Stuart Jenkinson.