Winless run goes on as the Tangerines battle back before losing on their travels
- Credit: PA
Downham Town 4 Diss Town 2
Diss Town's winless run stands at seven games – and eight in all competitions – after their defeat at Downham.
The Tangerines started slowly, levelled the game at 2-2 but had no real answer to the pace of the home team attacking pair as the poor run of results continued.
A deflected shot from outside the area in the fifth minute seemed to be heading wide, but home attacker Ben Fenn reacted quickly to head in from close range. Within a minute George MacRae had made good saves to deny Matt Bussens and Andy Willmott.
Diss had a good spell of pressure but were caught on the break in the 16th minute as Bussens made it 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors pulled a goal back when Shaun Hunsdon's corner found Charlie Webb who headed home.
As Diss continued to press a left-wing corner saw a header from Webb well blocked by Joe Clements, with Jack Tipple putting the loose ball narrowly wide.
- 1 Pink Ladies' Tractor Road Run to return this summer
- 2 Natural England concerned over blueprint for thousands of homes
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Home plan for village pub shelved
- 6 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 7 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 8 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
Diss equalised in the 37th minute when Hunsdon beat a defender to move into the 'D' before scuffing his left-foot shot – the ball bounced and bobbled enough to deceive Clements and creep inside his post.
Just as the visiting support was expecting their team to surge ahead the next goal went to Downham in the 42nd minute, Willmott scoring. The only goal of the second half came in the 64th minute when Bussens scored.
Diss: MacRae, Cole, Appleton, Manning, Tipple, Mackie (Attree 66), Baxter, Burroughs (Appleton 66), Webb, Hunsdon, Bryant (Bray 66). Attendance: 53.
Diss had dropped another two points from a winning position for the second week in succession when they let a two-goal lead slip at home to Thurlow Nunn rivals Whitton Utd.
Town, with only pride and a potential slot in next seasons FA Cup to play for were unable to see the game out when a second from returning striker Adam Burroughs gave them a two-goal advantage with only 11 minutes remaining
Diss : Macrea, Cole, Wenham, Manning (c), Tipple, Hunsdon, Baxter, Webb, Burroughs, Bryant. Subs: M Appleton M, L Appleton, Bray.
Diss Town will be at home to Halstead Town on Saturday (3pm).