Woe for Stratton
Long Stratton 2, Corton 7A SORRY scoreline on home turf for the Reds saw the free scoring Corton go top of the table and Stratton slip into the bottom half.
Long Stratton 2, Corton 7
A SORRY scoreline on home turf for the Reds saw the free scoring Corton go top of the table and Stratton slip into the bottom half. Stratton went 2-0 down very early on and rarely looked like recovering, a Ben Cussons effort made it 2-1 but Corton restored the two-goal advantage before the interval.
A James Barnes free-kick made it 3-2 but that was as close as it got for the home side as Corton went on to punish some defensive frailties on four more occasions.
Foster Care Association MoM: Ben Cussons.
You may also want to watch:
Watton United Reserves 3, Long Stratton Reserves 3
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
A resilient display from Long Stratton Reserves claimed a hard-fought point at Watton.
Stratton went 1-0 down after five minutes until Paul Folkard executed a fine hat-trick for the Reds including a penalty to leave the visitors 3-1 up at the break.
Stratton stand-in keeper Tom Munday was then forced to hospital with a bad injury and the bad luck continued as Ben Stearman, Dan Larter and Terry Green all left the pitch with injuries, Dale Wallis did a great job going in goal and with four 17-year-olds in the side a point after playing the final 10 minutes with 10 men was well earned.
Mix-a-Man MoM: Paul Folkard.