Woe for Stratton
Long Stratton 2, Corton 7A SORRY scoreline on home turf for the Reds saw the free scoring Corton go top of the table and Stratton slip into the bottom half.
Long Stratton 2, Corton 7
A SORRY scoreline on home turf for the Reds saw the free scoring Corton go top of the table and Stratton slip into the bottom half. Stratton went 2-0 down very early on and rarely looked like recovering, a Ben Cussons effort made it 2-1 but Corton restored the two-goal advantage before the interval.
A James Barnes free-kick made it 3-2 but that was as close as it got for the home side as Corton went on to punish some defensive frailties on four more occasions.
Foster Care Association MoM: Ben Cussons.
Watton United Reserves 3, Long Stratton Reserves 3
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 5 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
A resilient display from Long Stratton Reserves claimed a hard-fought point at Watton.
Stratton went 1-0 down after five minutes until Paul Folkard executed a fine hat-trick for the Reds including a penalty to leave the visitors 3-1 up at the break.
Stratton stand-in keeper Tom Munday was then forced to hospital with a bad injury and the bad luck continued as Ben Stearman, Dan Larter and Terry Green all left the pitch with injuries, Dale Wallis did a great job going in goal and with four 17-year-olds in the side a point after playing the final 10 minutes with 10 men was well earned.
Mix-a-Man MoM: Paul Folkard.