Work starts on gym revamp
Work has started this week on doubling the size of Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club's purpose-built gym. The club has been so successful at these premises that it has decided to double the gym in size to over 3,000 sq foot and it will now be one of the largest such boxing gyms in Norfolk.
Work has started this week on doubling the size of Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club's purpose-built gym.
The club has been so successful at these premises that it has decided to double the gym in size to over 3,000 sq foot and it will now be one of the largest such boxing gyms in Norfolk.
Some of the funding to purchase the materials for the extension works has been gained from a grant from Norfolk County Council, with the labour coming from local volunteers giving up their Christmas holidays to help the club.
Once fully opened, the expanded gym will house two full-size training rings, two large banks of punch bags and a larger mirrored floor area for floor exercises as well as all its existing equipment and facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Coaching sessions will continue to be run for all existing training groups, ladies, men, seniors, juniors and youngsters whilst the extension works are being carried out with a scheduled opening date of February 1.
The gym has also recently had broadband connected so it can keep in regular contact with its members with the new telephone number on which to contact the gym being 01953 457329.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
Since its move to the Wood Farm Gym in July last year, Attleborough ABC has gone from strength to strength both inside and outside of the ring with many of its boxers now featuring regularly on the competitive amateur boxing circuit and its ladies' fitness training sessions, in particular, proving extremely popular.
For more details of the tailored coaching sessions telephone Jon on 07768820480 or simply take a look at www.attleborough
Coaching session fees are just �1.50 for juniors and �2.50 for over 17's and are payable before each session.
Once this extension is completed this gym will be a wonderful sporting facility for the town of Attleborough - of which the whole community can be proud.