Work starts on gym revamp
Work has started this week on doubling the size of Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club's purpose-built gym. The club has been so successful at these premises that it has decided to double the gym in size to over 3,000 sq foot and it will now be one of the largest such boxing gyms in Norfolk.
Work has started this week on doubling the size of Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club's purpose-built gym.
The club has been so successful at these premises that it has decided to double the gym in size to over 3,000 sq foot and it will now be one of the largest such boxing gyms in Norfolk.
Some of the funding to purchase the materials for the extension works has been gained from a grant from Norfolk County Council, with the labour coming from local volunteers giving up their Christmas holidays to help the club.
Once fully opened, the expanded gym will house two full-size training rings, two large banks of punch bags and a larger mirrored floor area for floor exercises as well as all its existing equipment and facilities.
Coaching sessions will continue to be run for all existing training groups, ladies, men, seniors, juniors and youngsters whilst the extension works are being carried out with a scheduled opening date of February 1.
The gym has also recently had broadband connected so it can keep in regular contact with its members with the new telephone number on which to contact the gym being 01953 457329.
- 1 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 2 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
- 3 WATCH: Norfolk MP says PM birthday celebration a 'relatively minor offence'
- 4 Fast-growing audio-visual company snaps up another business
- 5 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 6 The battle of Bressingham... the village torn apart by energy scheme
- 7 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 8 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 9 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
Since its move to the Wood Farm Gym in July last year, Attleborough ABC has gone from strength to strength both inside and outside of the ring with many of its boxers now featuring regularly on the competitive amateur boxing circuit and its ladies' fitness training sessions, in particular, proving extremely popular.
For more details of the tailored coaching sessions telephone Jon on 07768820480 or simply take a look at www.attleborough
Coaching session fees are just �1.50 for juniors and �2.50 for over 17's and are payable before each session.
Once this extension is completed this gym will be a wonderful sporting facility for the town of Attleborough - of which the whole community can be proud.