Work starts on gym revamp
Work has started this week on doubling the size of Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club's purpose-built gym. The club has been so successful at these premises that it has decided to double the gym in size to over 3,000 sq foot and it will now be one of the largest such boxing gyms in Norfolk.
Work has started this week on doubling the size of Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club's purpose-built gym.
The club has been so successful at these premises that it has decided to double the gym in size to over 3,000 sq foot and it will now be one of the largest such boxing gyms in Norfolk.
Some of the funding to purchase the materials for the extension works has been gained from a grant from Norfolk County Council, with the labour coming from local volunteers giving up their Christmas holidays to help the club.
Once fully opened, the expanded gym will house two full-size training rings, two large banks of punch bags and a larger mirrored floor area for floor exercises as well as all its existing equipment and facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Coaching sessions will continue to be run for all existing training groups, ladies, men, seniors, juniors and youngsters whilst the extension works are being carried out with a scheduled opening date of February 1.
The gym has also recently had broadband connected so it can keep in regular contact with its members with the new telephone number on which to contact the gym being 01953 457329.
- 1 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 8 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
Since its move to the Wood Farm Gym in July last year, Attleborough ABC has gone from strength to strength both inside and outside of the ring with many of its boxers now featuring regularly on the competitive amateur boxing circuit and its ladies' fitness training sessions, in particular, proving extremely popular.
For more details of the tailored coaching sessions telephone Jon on 07768820480 or simply take a look at www.attleborough
Coaching session fees are just �1.50 for juniors and �2.50 for over 17's and are payable before each session.
Once this extension is completed this gym will be a wonderful sporting facility for the town of Attleborough - of which the whole community can be proud.