Wright way to win
Adam Wright won the Suffolk Schools' Golf Association Northern Area Division Two event at Halesworth and he has now qualified to play in the finals at Diss in October.
Adam Wright won the Suffolk Schools' Golf Association Northern Area Division Two event at Halesworth and he has now qualified to play in the finals at Diss in October. On a windy day, and playing off the white tees, Adam scored an excellent 36 points which was good enough to beat two other scores on count back.
On Sunday, the Diss junior team travelled to Hintlesham Hall to play Ipswich Golf Club in the semi-final of the Suffolk Team Championships.
Steady performances from all four players (best three scores counting ) led to a 100 points to 97 victory and the team now plays in the final at Stowmarket on Monday, July 27, against Bury with the winners going through to the national finals.
The best score for Diss was 35 points for Charlie Taylor followed by Josh Halil with 33, Ross Halil with 32 and Chris Bartrum who shot a course record equally score of 65 gross at Diss on Saturday with 31.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 9 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors