Wright way to win
Adam Wright won the Suffolk Schools' Golf Association Northern Area Division Two event at Halesworth and he has now qualified to play in the finals at Diss in October.
Adam Wright won the Suffolk Schools' Golf Association Northern Area Division Two event at Halesworth and he has now qualified to play in the finals at Diss in October. On a windy day, and playing off the white tees, Adam scored an excellent 36 points which was good enough to beat two other scores on count back.
On Sunday, the Diss junior team travelled to Hintlesham Hall to play Ipswich Golf Club in the semi-final of the Suffolk Team Championships.
Steady performances from all four players (best three scores counting ) led to a 100 points to 97 victory and the team now plays in the final at Stowmarket on Monday, July 27, against Bury with the winners going through to the national finals.
The best score for Diss was 35 points for Charlie Taylor followed by Josh Halil with 33, Ross Halil with 32 and Chris Bartrum who shot a course record equally score of 65 gross at Diss on Saturday with 31.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget