Wright way to win
Adam Wright won the Suffolk Schools' Golf Association Northern Area Division Two event at Halesworth and he has now qualified to play in the finals at Diss in October.
Adam Wright won the Suffolk Schools' Golf Association Northern Area Division Two event at Halesworth and he has now qualified to play in the finals at Diss in October. On a windy day, and playing off the white tees, Adam scored an excellent 36 points which was good enough to beat two other scores on count back.
On Sunday, the Diss junior team travelled to Hintlesham Hall to play Ipswich Golf Club in the semi-final of the Suffolk Team Championships.
Steady performances from all four players (best three scores counting ) led to a 100 points to 97 victory and the team now plays in the final at Stowmarket on Monday, July 27, against Bury with the winners going through to the national finals.
The best score for Diss was 35 points for Charlie Taylor followed by Josh Halil with 33, Ross Halil with 32 and Chris Bartrum who shot a course record equally score of 65 gross at Diss on Saturday with 31.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk conservation groups get £1.5m boost from Green Recovery Fund
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk