Young Tangerines are sunk by early goal
- Credit: Archant
Diss Under-18s lost 1-0 at AFC Royals in the Thurlow Nunn Youth League East Division.
They failed to score for the first time this season due to some fine goalkeeping which denied them a point that their efforts deserved.
Royals scored the only goal of the game in the seventh minute, the ball being played in from the left and flicked on for Bradley Haylock to score from six yards out.
Diss came close to equalising two minutes into the second half when a centre from Adam Oakley forced Bruce to punch the ball over the bar. Sixteen-year-old Charlie Bowen also had a chance to equalise in the 61st minute but his shot went just wide.
Diss U18: Ryan Newson, Adam Oakley, Jacob Bush, Will Bacon, Matt Heuschneider, Chris Disney, Tyler White, Jack Simpson, Callum Bray, Harry Hutt, Charlie Bowen.
You may also want to watch:
Their next game is at Beccles on Wednesday evening.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 9 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results