Young Tangerines are sunk by early goal
- Credit: Archant
Diss Under-18s lost 1-0 at AFC Royals in the Thurlow Nunn Youth League East Division.
They failed to score for the first time this season due to some fine goalkeeping which denied them a point that their efforts deserved.
Royals scored the only goal of the game in the seventh minute, the ball being played in from the left and flicked on for Bradley Haylock to score from six yards out.
Diss came close to equalising two minutes into the second half when a centre from Adam Oakley forced Bruce to punch the ball over the bar. Sixteen-year-old Charlie Bowen also had a chance to equalise in the 61st minute but his shot went just wide.
Diss U18: Ryan Newson, Adam Oakley, Jacob Bush, Will Bacon, Matt Heuschneider, Chris Disney, Tyler White, Jack Simpson, Callum Bray, Harry Hutt, Charlie Bowen.
You may also want to watch:
Their next game is at Beccles on Wednesday evening.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants