Youngsters do their club proud
- Credit: Archant
Reflex Martial Arts kick-boxing club are having a busy summer of competitive fights. Recently they made the short journey to Attleborough Sports Hall to compete at the Saracen Martial Arts series, two open championships. Forms, self-defence, points sparring and light continuous kickboxing were all taking place at this well run show.
The club entered the light continuous section with four fighters. The bouts were harder contact than normally encountered so a change of direction was needed, but the team still came out on top.
Each fight was a struggle, especially in the latter stages when team mates had to be fought. The top three places were taken by Deaglan Bowman, Aedan Bowman and Kyle Flowers, with Brett Flowers runner-up.
Chief instructor Adrian Poulter successfully graded to the new rank of sixth dan after three exams and three hours of training in front of Master Mark Trent. He thanked instructors Rob Batley, Daren Rochard and Gary Hynd for helping him achieve this high honor.
Contact Adrian for information on the clubs in Diss, Eye and Harleston on 07949 187169 or find us on Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 5 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 9 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change