Youngsters do their club proud
- Credit: Archant
Reflex Martial Arts kick-boxing club are having a busy summer of competitive fights. Recently they made the short journey to Attleborough Sports Hall to compete at the Saracen Martial Arts series, two open championships. Forms, self-defence, points sparring and light continuous kickboxing were all taking place at this well run show.
The club entered the light continuous section with four fighters. The bouts were harder contact than normally encountered so a change of direction was needed, but the team still came out on top.
Each fight was a struggle, especially in the latter stages when team mates had to be fought. The top three places were taken by Deaglan Bowman, Aedan Bowman and Kyle Flowers, with Brett Flowers runner-up.
Chief instructor Adrian Poulter successfully graded to the new rank of sixth dan after three exams and three hours of training in front of Master Mark Trent. He thanked instructors Rob Batley, Daren Rochard and Gary Hynd for helping him achieve this high honor.
Contact Adrian for information on the clubs in Diss, Eye and Harleston on 07949 187169 or find us on Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 7 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role