Youngsters do their club proud
- Credit: Archant
Reflex Martial Arts kick-boxing club are having a busy summer of competitive fights. Recently they made the short journey to Attleborough Sports Hall to compete at the Saracen Martial Arts series, two open championships. Forms, self-defence, points sparring and light continuous kickboxing were all taking place at this well run show.
The club entered the light continuous section with four fighters. The bouts were harder contact than normally encountered so a change of direction was needed, but the team still came out on top.
Each fight was a struggle, especially in the latter stages when team mates had to be fought. The top three places were taken by Deaglan Bowman, Aedan Bowman and Kyle Flowers, with Brett Flowers runner-up.
Chief instructor Adrian Poulter successfully graded to the new rank of sixth dan after three exams and three hours of training in front of Master Mark Trent. He thanked instructors Rob Batley, Daren Rochard and Gary Hynd for helping him achieve this high honor.
Contact Adrian for information on the clubs in Diss, Eye and Harleston on 07949 187169 or find us on Facebook.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 3 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 4 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 5 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Suffolk police volunteer and her horse win national award
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 Police investigate three cat shootings in Eye