Youngsters prove the point with comfortable win
- Credit: Nick Butcher
After an unlucky defeat the previous week, Diss Under 13s proved a point by easily beating Thetford 5-0 on Sunday.
Diss took the game to the visitors from the outset. After 10 minutes they took the lead when Kai Thurston stabbed the ball into the net.
Diss doubled their lead after another long throw from Munnings saw Ben Clements score his first goal for the team.
The Tangies made it three when Will Aldrich stroked the ball home with ease. Just before half-time a Munnings free-kick saw the keeper only able to parry the ball to Thurston who made it 4-0 at the interval.
Diss kept the tempo high in the second half and the effort from the team was excellent with front men Ben Way and Jack Glen a constant threat. The final goal came following great work between Miles Holliday and Bloom which saw Glen notch a deserved goal. The Spring Cup gets underway next with a trip to Rocklands.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pink Ladies' Tractor Road Run to return this summer
- 2 Natural England concerned over blueprint for thousands of homes
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Home plan for village pub shelved
- 6 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 7 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 8 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants