Youngsters prove the point with comfortable win
- Credit: Nick Butcher
After an unlucky defeat the previous week, Diss Under 13s proved a point by easily beating Thetford 5-0 on Sunday.
Diss took the game to the visitors from the outset. After 10 minutes they took the lead when Kai Thurston stabbed the ball into the net.
Diss doubled their lead after another long throw from Munnings saw Ben Clements score his first goal for the team.
The Tangies made it three when Will Aldrich stroked the ball home with ease. Just before half-time a Munnings free-kick saw the keeper only able to parry the ball to Thurston who made it 4-0 at the interval.
Diss kept the tempo high in the second half and the effort from the team was excellent with front men Ben Way and Jack Glen a constant threat. The final goal came following great work between Miles Holliday and Bloom which saw Glen notch a deserved goal. The Spring Cup gets underway next with a trip to Rocklands.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed