Youth Football Notes

DISS TOWN U13s 11, Stow Town Hornets 4. It was a case of Thomas' nap hand as Thomas Knapp came off the bench to grab 5 second half goals, helping Diss complete another big win. The skilful Knapp produced a lesson in dribbling as he tormented the overworked Stow defence. Knapp's fifth goal was a sublime chip from outside the box. Ben Williamson had earlier scored twice to put the tangerines 2 up. An own goal followed, then strikes from Tristyn Tunmer and Ben Shepherd had Diss in full control at the half. Diss seemed to take their foot off the pedal in the second half and this allowed Stow Town to come back into the game. However Shepherd added a 2nd against his former club and the rest was left to man of the match Thomas Knapp. Diss:- Ready, Lawton, Chenery, Williamson, Broadley, Lanchester, Tunmer, Cottam, Shepherd, McGhie, Coates, Rich, Freeman & Knapp.

DISS HAWKS U10s started the 1st half of the match very strong against Weeting with goals from Sam King, two from Freddie Bunn and a forth from Samuel Brice. Towards the end of the 1st half Weeting found gaps in the Hawks defence scoring their first goal. In the second half Weeting kept the pressure on with keeper Drew Cotton keeping the Hawks in the game by saving three great shots, but could not stop the forth. Giving Weeting their second goal. In the last few minutes team captain Nathan Channell put away the last goal to make the final score 5 - 2 to the Diss Hawks. MoM - Nathan Faulkner.

DISS TIGERS U10S continued their good start to the season with another solid display, none more so than Bradley Budd in defence, who was unbeatable when called upon.

Ryan Davidson opened the scoring meeting Aidan Browne's corner with a brave header. Diss dominated the play with Oliver Budd again controlling the midfield, with excellent wide play from Charlie Norman who was a constant threat. Browne added the second with a good strike from outside the box.

Aaron Noller and Elliott Winkworth were a consent menace to the Hethersett defence all game and their presure along with Norman led to an own goal for the third.

Most Read

Diss completed the scoring with fine individual goal by Aidan Browne, winning the ball back, skipping past two before unleashing an unstoppable shot for his second.

Diss continued to press with good play from Harrison Tompkins, Noller was unlucky with an over head kick. The score line could have been much greater, but for some great saves from the Herthsett keeper.

DISS TOWN U18S were beaten by a good Walsham-le-Willows side in their first home league game of the season. Alex Attfield was forced to make an early save but was beaten in the 5th minute when Greg Mitchell headed in from close range to a centre from the right. Dexter Riches, on debut just a few days after his 15th birthday, sent a fine centre in from the right for Matt Nicholls to force Steven Fenner to save in the 8th minute. Mitchell forced his header in to make it 2-0 at a 15th minute corner despite efforts to clear the ball off the line. The rest of the first half play was end to end with both sides hitting the woodwork. Two minutes before half time Nichols curled a shot on to the top of the bar after a fine pass from Alex Cook.

Five minutes into the second half Reece Clark headed in at a corner. Diss did create chances with Keiron Harris having a shot at a corner cleared off the line and Cook off target when well placed to a fine pass from Jono Lummis. Connor Davies made it 4-0 in the 78th minute despite Harris making a last ditch challenge to attempt to block the shot. The deflection wrong footed Attfield. To add insult to injury the ankle damage suffered kept Harris out of Diss reserves fixture on Saturday. Diss team: Alex Attfield, Dexter Riches, Matty Cobb, Keiron Harris, Rowan Freake, George Cole, Ryan Searle, Alex Cook, Matt Nichols, Shaun Blyth, Bradley Tennens. Diss subs: Declan Shaen-Carter (for Blyth 77 mins), Liam Ashfield (for Searle 62 mins), Sam Debenham and Jono Lummis (for Tennens 57 mins).

Attendance: 67. Diss Under-18s next league game is on Thursday 29th September at home to Woodbridge Town Under-18s (kick off 7.45pm).

EYE SAINTS U15's started their league campaign with a hard earned 4-1 win against Sproughton Youth. On a difficult surface with a strong wind in their faces Saints started slowly. After 15 minutes Sproughton scored when a shot from out on the left caught out Saints keeper Will Dickinson. Five minutes later Saints equalised with a good strike from the edge of the area from Levi Harris. Eight minutes from half time Levi Harris scored his second goal to take Saints 2-1 up at half time. In the second half Saints had the wind behind them & applied pressure to the Sproughton defence. Saints went 3-1 up when Joe Hooton chased a long ball & scambled the ball in. Within a minute Saints scored their fourth when Hooton scored his second goal to seal a win for Eye. Mom Levi Harris.

EYE SAINTS U12 For the second consecutive week the opposition could not handle Saints' forward partnership of Ross Gudde and Jay Turvey. Gudde bagged a hat-trick, bringing his season's total to seven goals in two games, while Turvey also found the back of the net. But it was still not enough to earn Gudde the man-of-the-match trophy which was presented to left-back Christian Scales. Goalkeeper Jared Wilson-Godbar again pulled off some spectacular saves to defy a tenacious Kesgrave side who remained a threat until the final whistle. With a strong bench, Saints' manager Phil Turvey has the luxury of strength in depth, and can be confident that his players will be able to sustain a long and hard campaign. Anyone interested in joining Eye Saints U12's FC should contact Cate Hubbard, Club Secretary. Tel 01379 783966 or email

HARLESTON STINGERS U9 1, Gunton 1. Harleston won their first point of the season after a hard fought game against a very good Gunton side.Some good attacking play from Jack Bettinson, Spencer Cawcutt and Corey Thurston at the start saw Harleston begin brightly. Harleston looked solid in defence with Connor Bacon and the impressive Zack Green playing well. The home side took the lead midway through the first half, when Gunton put through their own net, and that's how it stayed to the break. The second half saw both sides pushing for a goal with Gunton playing some good football, but Harleston were defending brilliantly. The Stingers were pushing for the second goal to seal the win which they deserved, but with a minute to go they got caught on the break and Gunton scored to steal a point. It was a disappointing result but a much improved performance on last week.

HARLESTON U11 After narrowly losing to Kirkley last week Harleston visited Waveney hoping to get their first points of the season. With only 8 players on the field Harleston set out an attacking formation of 2-4-1. Unfortunately Waveney proved too strong and if it wasn't for Ben in goal Harleston would have been even more behind than the 6-0 half time score. Harleston came out in the second half with nothing but pride to play for. Now down to 7 after Jack was injured just before half time things looked ominous. They never let their heads drop and with Jack back on the field up front Harleston started to pressure the Waveney goal. A great move down the right saw Lewis beat his man and put a dangerous cross into the box only for Harvey's effort to be saved by the Waveney keeper. Waveney always looking dangerous were unable to extend their lead until late on in the second half due to great defending at the back from Thomas, Harry and the endless tracking back of Kieran. Only conceding 1 more goal until the last kick of the game Harleston played to the very end keeping their heads up and never giving in. Credit to all the boys, a great battling second half. Final score Waveney Panthers 8 Harleston 0. MOM Kieran Harvey.

HARLESTON U14 After last weeks defeat Harleston got back to winning ways with a comprehensive win at Freethorpe. Playing up the slope in the first half Harleston took the game to the home side. Against the run of play the home side took the lead. Ollie Warrent soon equalised before the home side scored 2 breakaway goals to lead 3-1 at the break. In the second half Harleston totally dominated. Tom Girling calmly pulled one back before equalising in identical fashion. Captain Brandon Pickess put his side into the lead with a calm finish. Tom Girling then completed his hat trick after rounding the keeper. Ollie Warrent then completed the scoring with a fine shot. Tom Girling claimed MoM for an excellent performance but this was a fantastic team performance from everybody.

HARLESTON YOUTH are looking for more players in the U11 and U8 age group. Children must be in year 6 and year 3. Please contact Maureen Ellis, 01379 854315.

HEMPNALL U14 travelled to Blundeston to begin their league campaign. Both teams were strong at the back although Blundeston looked menacing at set pieces. Callum Maloney had a good chance but shot wide before Hempnall went behind. The ball was played across the face of the goal for an easy tap in. Callum had two more chances before the break. In the second half it was one way traffic except for a corner that Thomas Hayes kicked off the line. Connor Stearman had a good chance to equalise after a fine move between Callum and Sam Fisher. He made amends with ten minutes to go heading home a corner. Both teams tried for the winner but it ended 1-1.

SCOLE U9 lads second game saw a first half display full of attacking promise, Kyle Halil hit the bar from a free kick, Charlie Taylor and Harry Pitcher controlling defence resulting in goalie Josh Farrell only touching the ball once. Louie Browne worked hard leading the line and was a constant threat, Kyle and Charlie Doe showed a good understanding playing together in midfield.

The second half saw some excellent defensive clearances from Charlie Doe , the game was very even until Josh Farrell slotted a ball through for Harry to score a good goal. Poringland had their best spell after going a goal down and pressed hard for an equaliser which due to some last ditch defending never came. Man of the match was awarded to Harry Pitcher for stout defending and a good goal.

New players welcome , training @ Scole Playing field Wednesdays at 18.30 – 19.30pm.

SCOLE UNITED U11 played Norwich United. Norwich United opened the scoring in the first couple of minutes,before Scole took charge with 2 goals from Henry Warner .Scole dominated the first half which ended 5-2 with goals from Callum Nash, Finley Boreham,and Jack Church.In the second half Scole continued with their passing game and saw Henry Warner grabbing his hatrick and 4th goal,and Jack Church scoring his 2nd goal with a sublime solo effort.The game ended 8-3. Man of the Match Henry Warner.

SCOLE U12 knew that they would face a tough encounter when they lined up for their second league game of the season and so it proved. The opening exchanges were scrappy with Attleborough looking to get in behind Scole with long balls over the top, whilst Scole struggled to get the ball down and play effectively. As the half drew to a close Scole went close when birthday boy Charlie Hitch saw his overhead kick slide off the bar. Scole started the second half brightly and Anthony Animba nearly made an immediate impact skilfully turning his way into the box. Attleborough scored against the run of play, with Scole trying to play a tight defensive line. Scole didn't look like getting back into the game until Kieron Manning showed fantastic determination to muscle his way into the area and score an excellent so effort. The momentum with them, Scole should have pressed home their advantage, but it was Attleborough who stepped up their efforts and missed two clear openings before regaining the as the Scole players were waiting for a whistle which didn't come. Their was no disputing Attleborough's third as they wrapped up what ultimately was a deserved win.

SCOLE LADS U14 were in command from the start. With great passing throughout the goals just kept coming.Walsham LW found it hard to keep possession with Scole's mid field onto them straight away. The defenders had plenty to do but Walsham LW didn't pose any real threat. Half time score was (6-0) finishing (11-1). Luke Gould was the top scorer with 4, Thomas Heath notched up a hat trick 3, Jack Payne 2, Oli Newson 1 and Jake Wootton 1. Man of Match Matt Monkhouse,

SCOLE GIRLS UNDER 14 started slowly and Firside applied a lot of pressure, this finally paid off for Firside and they took the lead with a shot from 20 yards that dipped just under the bar.

Scole weathered the storm and settled down after 10 minutes, Holly Burley had a good run down the right and from a tight angle hit the post. A minute before half time Megan played the ball through for Holly, the keeper got their first but fumbled the ball and Holly side footed into an empty net to level the scores.

Going down hill and with the wind behind them Scole had most of the posseision in the second half but due to poor passing and decision making they didnt really create a lot of chances only long distance shots which the keeper easily saved.

In the last minute with Scole going forward looking for the win Firside broke quickly but Lily Aldis made a great save to keep the scores level.

Player of the match was Shannon Lummis for a hard working performance at left back, she is improving each week.