Youth football round-up

New Buckenham Junior Football Club Under 8s are a newly-formed team of Year 3 school-mates and are m

New Buckenham Junior Football Club Under 8s are a newly-formed team of Year 3 school-mates and are managed by Jacob Seaman (aged only 17). We are playing in the Under 8’s division of the South Norfolk Youth Football League. - Credit: Archant

Diss U11 maintained their 100pc league record this season with an emphatic victory at Tasburgh. Will Cunningham made it two hat-tricks in two games and was joined in the hat-trick club by Harvey Whymark who found his scoring boots at last.

Tyler Noller scored twice in the first half and with Diss 7-0 up at the interval manager Jon Abbot had the luxury of ringing the changes during the second half. Matthew Munnings got his name on the score sheet and then swapped positions with keeper Alex Dunseith who showed some impressive skills on the ball and was unlucky to be judged offside when scoring. Alfie Marsham and William Beale completed the scoring for Diss and with the help of an own goal from Tasburgh the Tangerines took their tally to 12. It has to be said that the Diss defence will have far harder workouts this season but another clean sheet shows their concentration and determination is strong. FT: Tasburgh 0 Diss 12. Diss Hawks U13 played at Thetford Bulldogs and within the first five minutes a penalty from Nathan Faulkner put the Hawks in front. And by half-time the Hawks were leading 5-1 with strong defensive work from Jacob Ready, Drew Cotton, Daniel Stephenson, George Bingham all working hard at the back and goals from Nathan Channell, Aaron Noller and two more from Nathan Faulkner. In the second half the tables turned and Hawks keeper Henry Ready was forced to make some great saves and with the Bulldogs keeping the pressure on they pulled back four goals to make the score level. With only five minutes left to play midfielders Oliver Lee, Samuel Brice and Nathan Channell worked hard to send the ball through to Nathan Faulkner who put the Hawks back in the lead. But in the last minute of the game playing into injury time the Bulldogs equalised. FT: Bulldogs 6 Hawks 6. MoM: Henry Ready and Nathan Faulkner.

Hethersett Athletic U12 travelled to Horsford for their third fixture of the new season. From the start Hethersett were compact and enjoyed the majority share of the ball. Great combination play between Aaron Bradford and Mark Attfield resulted in an early goal for Bradford and Hethersett. Defenders Scott, Shooter and Howard were well organised allowing Harvey, Clarke and Watts to link the play with the forwards. It was not long before Bradford scored his second. The quick passing and attacking combination play from Hethersett helped find gaps in the Horsford defence with Attfield soon adding a third goal. Horsford then scored to make it 3-1. This was swiftly followed by a bullet header from Aaron Bradford to make it 4-1, with Bradford enjoying a well deserved hat-trick. In the second half, further goals by Attfield, Scott and Harvey plus great defensive work by Crowder-Barr, Crandell and Fieldhouse resulted in a 7-1 victory. This week's player of the match went to hat-trick hero Aaron Bradford. This was once again a very close decision plenty of other excellent performances.

Scole United U11 7 Toftwood 1. Scole made it three out of three wins with an impressive team performance at home against Toftwood. The home side dominated from the start, playing with confidence and strength throughout the game to take their 2-0 lead at half-time to a 7-1 victory. Alfie Cobbold opened proceedings after 13 minutes, carefully following up a Thomas Church corner from the edge of the area to give Scole the lead. There followed a number of attacking runs by Scole and it was Brad Potter who was eventually rewarded, his control in the centre and long range shot over the keeper giving Scole a two-goal advantage at the break. Scole's confidence shone through in the second half with a plethora of goals – Thomas Church battling through several defenders to give Scole their third, and then delivering a superb corner for Ewan Johnson who headed home Scole's fourth. Brad Potter secured the fifth with another excellent strike from the centre of the field, followed by Johnson who managed to deny the Toftwood keeper after a scramble on the edge of the area. A late consolation goal by Toftwood triggered an immediate response by Scole, Brandon Hunt showing skill and initiative on the right wing, his impressive strike making it number seven and a convincing win for Scole. Well done boys, a really great team performance.

Wymondham Town U19 continued with their 100pc win record after comfortably beating Cellar House 6-0 at Wymondham Town FC's Kings Head Meadow in the first round of the FA Junior Sunday Cup. It was a very solid performance by the home side, with the defence and goalkeeper deservedly keeping a clean sheet and the whole team playing some lovely one- and two-touch football from the back. Luke Laddiman opened the scoring with a nice lob over the keeper following a cross. Bradley Russell scored two fantastic goals in the second half with one a David Beckham style goal from just inside the opposition's half. Other goals came from Harrison Cheal, Sam Lubbock and Edward Lawrence. Wymondham deservedly won the game showing excellent team spirit and by playing football the way it should be played.

Wymondham Hawks 6 Hindolveston 0. The Hawks made it three out of three with a convincing win at home to a physical Hindolveston side in the Norfolk Youth Combination U13 Division One. Kieran Axten continued his rich vein of form by getting the opener. This was matched by Matt Cheal-Ferris who found the back of the net with a fine strike from distance. Josh Ellwood then joined the party when he thundered home a free-kick, to claim his first goal of the season, with Joe Mower adding to the away side's misery when his deflected shot beat the keeper to make it four at the break. Two more goals were added in the second half by Kieran, following some excellent wide play by Will Bussey, and Matt's carbon copy of his first-half strike. Special mention goes to the back four and the keeper who ensured any advance was quickly dealt with. Matthew Carter was particularly strong in defence, not making a single mistake all game, with Max Lane also putting in a captain's performance. The score line was preserved by Max Taylor who commanded his area brilliantly and kept the team's first clean sheet. MoM: Matthew Carter.

Attleborough U12 1 Mulbarton U12 0. Boro went into the game looking to make it three out of three in the league. But it soon became obvious that Mulbarton had other ideas. All the early pressure was on the Boro defence but Dan, George and Jake held firm, and with Corben coming of his line to great effect clearing any balls that were played through. Kallum then began to win the ball in midfield and slowly Boro started to look like a team, with Asa having a few chances and Josh and Chae working hard down the flanks. Then out of the blue Travis hit a superb long range shot that flew over the keeper's head and into the roof of the net, HT Boro 1 Mulbarton 0. After a good chat at half-time Boro finally got their game together with Kyle, Jamie, Adam and Kallum getting a grip on the game and a lot of good chances were created and wastefully missed. Mulbarton still looked useful on the break and the Boro team had to battle to the end to secure a very hard fought victory.

Most Read

WTU U14 Hawks travelled to Old Catton last Sunday for a league match and were rewarded with their first victory of the season. Once again they showed great character to come from behind and emerge victorious from a tense and fiercely competitive fixture. A fairly even start saw Sonny and Jacob almost carve out an opening on the left but at the other end solid defending by Noah and a fine save by Connor in goal, denied the hosts. The Hawks thought they had taken the lead when Christy's first-time cross was headed home by Ollie but it was ruled offside. Wymondham had more possession with Afiq and Ollie prominent up front but Old Catton were still a threat on the break as Fernando with a superb block and Connor with another good save kept the scoresheet blank. Afiq went close after good work by Sonny and Jacob and these three opened the home defence up again immediately after but Jacob's point blank effort was well-saved. As the half ended the stalemate was preserved by more good defending from Daniel and Lewis.

Immediately from the restart, Old Catton went close but the Hawks countered when Alfie just failed to convert Lewis's cross while Christy down the right, fired in successive crosses which only needed a touch but somehow eluded everyone. A rampaging run by Jacob from inside his own half looked sure to end with a goal but once again the final touch was missing. Connor then made a superb stop but the ball was not cleared properly and against the run of play Wymondham were one down. The boys responded magnificently though. Another cross by Christy went begging but when Lewis found Afiq with a lovely through ball, the striker neatly laid it off for Jacob to smash home the equaliser. Almost immediately, they deservedly took the lead when from a quick throw, Ollie crossed to the far post where Sonny headed home. 2-1. Completely on top now, Ollie put the Hawks 3 up, when he latched on to the keeper's goal-kick from 30 yards out and spectacularly volleyed it home. He then fired in a corner from the right which Fernando met for the fourth, while Daniel almost made it five but his shot flew wide. FT: 4-1. MoM: Jacob Bush.