Abbey concert for Help for Heroes
Tickets are still available for a concert at Wymondham Abbey next month that will raise thousands of pounds for Help for Heroes.The renowned Tallis Chamber Choir and Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army will perform from 7.
Tickets are still available for a concert at Wymondham Abbey next month that will raise thousands of pounds for Help for Heroes.
The renowned Tallis Chamber Choir and Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army will perform from 7.30pm on Saturday May 15, with all proceeds going to the charity that supports injured military personnel.
Former army chief Sir Richard Dannatt and other local dignitaries will be present for the concert, which is sponsored by Archant, publisher of the Mercury.
The Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army, under its bandmaster Richard Woodrow, will be opening the concert with Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man.
The Tallis Chamber Choir of London, conducted by Phillip Simms return to Wymondham Abbey to perform Durufle's Requiem. In the first half they will also sing Parry's I was Glad, and the audience will be invited to join the choirs and band for a rendition of Jerusalem. The Last Post will be played at the end of the evening.
Tickets at �20 and �15 are still available from The Book Fountain, in Whartons Court, Wymondham, on 01953 603663, and Prelude Records, in St Giles Street, Norwich, on 01603 628319.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?