Abbey concert for Help for Heroes
Tickets are still available for a concert at Wymondham Abbey next month that will raise thousands of pounds for Help for Heroes.The renowned Tallis Chamber Choir and Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army will perform from 7.
Tickets are still available for a concert at Wymondham Abbey next month that will raise thousands of pounds for Help for Heroes.
The renowned Tallis Chamber Choir and Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army will perform from 7.30pm on Saturday May 15, with all proceeds going to the charity that supports injured military personnel.
Former army chief Sir Richard Dannatt and other local dignitaries will be present for the concert, which is sponsored by Archant, publisher of the Mercury.
The Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army, under its bandmaster Richard Woodrow, will be opening the concert with Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man.
You may also want to watch:
The Tallis Chamber Choir of London, conducted by Phillip Simms return to Wymondham Abbey to perform Durufle's Requiem. In the first half they will also sing Parry's I was Glad, and the audience will be invited to join the choirs and band for a rendition of Jerusalem. The Last Post will be played at the end of the evening.
Tickets at �20 and �15 are still available from The Book Fountain, in Whartons Court, Wymondham, on 01953 603663, and Prelude Records, in St Giles Street, Norwich, on 01603 628319.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021