Abbey concert for Help for Heroes
Tickets are still available for a concert at Wymondham Abbey next month that will raise thousands of pounds for Help for Heroes.The renowned Tallis Chamber Choir and Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army will perform from 7.
Tickets are still available for a concert at Wymondham Abbey next month that will raise thousands of pounds for Help for Heroes.
The renowned Tallis Chamber Choir and Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army will perform from 7.30pm on Saturday May 15, with all proceeds going to the charity that supports injured military personnel.
Former army chief Sir Richard Dannatt and other local dignitaries will be present for the concert, which is sponsored by Archant, publisher of the Mercury.
The Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army, under its bandmaster Richard Woodrow, will be opening the concert with Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man.
You may also want to watch:
The Tallis Chamber Choir of London, conducted by Phillip Simms return to Wymondham Abbey to perform Durufle's Requiem. In the first half they will also sing Parry's I was Glad, and the audience will be invited to join the choirs and band for a rendition of Jerusalem. The Last Post will be played at the end of the evening.
Tickets at �20 and �15 are still available from The Book Fountain, in Whartons Court, Wymondham, on 01953 603663, and Prelude Records, in St Giles Street, Norwich, on 01603 628319.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 6 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 7 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 8 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks