Alvin Stardust to play village hall
A rock 'n' roll club has confirmed the return of 1970s hit-maker Alvin Stardust to a Norfolk village hall this month - seven months after a sell out gig.
A ROCK 'n' roll club has confirmed the return of 1970s hit-maker Alvin Stardust to a Norfolk village hall next month - seven months after a sell out gig.
The rock star, who played to a capacity 300 crowd at Wreningham Village Hall in February, will be performing again at the Starfighter club night from 7.30pm on Saturday, September 11.
The 'Godfather' of British rock 'n' roll will perform material from his early career when he was known as Shane Fenton alongside his number one Jealous Mind and top tens such as I Feel Like Buddy Holly, My Coo Ca Choo and You, You, You.
Organiser Roland Purdy, who has been running the Starfighter club for six years, said it was a 'triumph' to secure Alvin for a second concert this year.
You may also want to watch:
Other rock 'n' roll artists such as John Leyton, Charlie Gracie, Vince Eager, Terry Wayne and Ray Campi have all graced the stage at the village hall.
Tickets, which are �10, are available from 01603 812637 or 01508 494735 and from Circular Sound in St Benedicts, Norwich, and Out Of Time in Magdalen Street, Norwich.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients