Arts centre dates for American duo and folk trio
- Credit: Archant
Live music is set to return to the Bank Arts Centre in Eye with performances from a touring American duo and British folk trio.
Colorado-based performer Teresa Storch will be bringing her funky and soulful folk songs, seeped in jazz infused vocals on Saturday, July 27 as part of a European duo tour with her right-hand man Peter Lacis.
Her soulful-Americana songwriting balances on the fence between folk and jazz, drawing comparisons to Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, and Shawn Colvin.
The duo will also be performing an afternoon set aboard The Albatros in Wells-next-the-Sea on July 28.
Meanwhile soulful Kent folk trio from Arcelia ('treasure chest' in old Spanish) will be playing the venue on Friday, August 2,
You may also want to watch:
The trio's debut album, Wrap Your Bones, came out in 2014 and they continue to develop based around Gavin Alexander's lyrics. Simon Foster's previous life as a blues and soul singer is evident through their songs, whilst Teresa Gallagher's delicate voice adds harmonies in the style of Crosby, Stills and Nash.
Both shows are at 7.30pm, tickets £10 adv/£12 on door. Advanced tickets available through www.thebankeye.org
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office