Army cadets open evening
Diss Army Cadets are having an open evening on Monday, May 19.Anyone over the age of 12 and interested can go and have a look around the detachment and talk to other cadets and the adult instructors.
Diss Army Cadets are having an open evening on Monday, May 19.
Anyone over the age of 12 and interested can go and have a look around the detachment and talk to other cadets and the adult instructors.
The Army Cadet Force motto is “Inspire to Achieve” and aims to provide young people with training in a wide variety of subjects, and encourage them to be a part of their local community
The Cadets' core subjects include drill and turnout, competition shooting, map and compass, expeditions, first aid, fieldcraft, military knowledge, physical achievement, a wide variety of sports including athletics, football, rugby, netball, cross country and swimming.
You may also want to watch:
Other opportunities include a two-week annual camp at a wide variety of locations in the UK, at least seven training weekends at the Cadet Training Centre in Thetford, residential courses for older Cadets in Leadership, First Aid and Instructing younger Cadets.
The adult instructors come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are all volunteers.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Parents and potential Cadets are encouraged to drop in to Diss Detachment between 7pm and 8pm, to see the wide range of activities on offer.
Anyone who can't make it on the open night can drop in on any Monday night after 7pm.