Army cadets open evening
Diss Army Cadets are having an open evening on Monday, May 19.Anyone over the age of 12 and interested can go and have a look around the detachment and talk to other cadets and the adult instructors.
Diss Army Cadets are having an open evening on Monday, May 19.
Anyone over the age of 12 and interested can go and have a look around the detachment and talk to other cadets and the adult instructors.
The Army Cadet Force motto is “Inspire to Achieve” and aims to provide young people with training in a wide variety of subjects, and encourage them to be a part of their local community
The Cadets' core subjects include drill and turnout, competition shooting, map and compass, expeditions, first aid, fieldcraft, military knowledge, physical achievement, a wide variety of sports including athletics, football, rugby, netball, cross country and swimming.
You may also want to watch:
Other opportunities include a two-week annual camp at a wide variety of locations in the UK, at least seven training weekends at the Cadet Training Centre in Thetford, residential courses for older Cadets in Leadership, First Aid and Instructing younger Cadets.
The adult instructors come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are all volunteers.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
Parents and potential Cadets are encouraged to drop in to Diss Detachment between 7pm and 8pm, to see the wide range of activities on offer.
Anyone who can't make it on the open night can drop in on any Monday night after 7pm.