Army cadets open evening
Diss Army Cadets are having an open evening on Monday, May 19.Anyone over the age of 12 and interested can go and have a look around the detachment and talk to other cadets and the adult instructors.
Diss Army Cadets are having an open evening on Monday, May 19.
Anyone over the age of 12 and interested can go and have a look around the detachment and talk to other cadets and the adult instructors.
The Army Cadet Force motto is “Inspire to Achieve” and aims to provide young people with training in a wide variety of subjects, and encourage them to be a part of their local community
The Cadets' core subjects include drill and turnout, competition shooting, map and compass, expeditions, first aid, fieldcraft, military knowledge, physical achievement, a wide variety of sports including athletics, football, rugby, netball, cross country and swimming.
You may also want to watch:
Other opportunities include a two-week annual camp at a wide variety of locations in the UK, at least seven training weekends at the Cadet Training Centre in Thetford, residential courses for older Cadets in Leadership, First Aid and Instructing younger Cadets.
The adult instructors come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are all volunteers.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 9 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
Parents and potential Cadets are encouraged to drop in to Diss Detachment between 7pm and 8pm, to see the wide range of activities on offer.
Anyone who can't make it on the open night can drop in on any Monday night after 7pm.