Artists to host open studio
ARTISTS Kerry Buck and Mark Yardley are having an open studio at Wicklewood just before Christmas.Kerry, an artist and illustrator, is opening her studio to the public and she has invited Mark to join her.
ARTISTS Kerry Buck and Mark Yardley are having an open studio at Wicklewood just before Christmas.
Kerry, an artist and illustrator, is opening her studio to the public and she has invited Mark to join her. Kerry and Mark have known each other for a few years but this 'two man' show is their first joint exhibition.
Kerry is a prolific artist and uses a variety of styles and techniques. Since graduating from the Norwich School of Art and Design she has worked for many high profile clients such as Macmillan, Norwich Union, Guinness, and, Hodder and Stoughton Children's books, and she has work in private collections around the world including America and New Zealand. This year she had one of her paintings accepted into the Norwich Castle Open Exhibition.
Mark Yardley graduated from Swansea University in 1999 with (BA Hons) in general Illustration having previously obtained a BTEC HND in Wildlife Illustration. Since graduating Mark has been working to establish himself as a freelance artist specialising in natural history and wildlife painting. He has had work selected for several renowned art competitions, including the Eastern Open and the Parker Harris, Discerning Eye art competition, he has also exhibited in the Mall Galleries, London and at the Great Art Fair inaugural event, held at Alexandra Palace. Currently based near Norwich, Mark draws inspiration for his latest paintings from the Norfolk and Suffolk coastlines, where he regularly spends time searching for new subjects to paint.
You may also want to watch:
The Studio is open from 10am to 5pm from November 29 to December 6, and can be found at Mereview, Milestone Lane, Wicklewood.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van