Attleborough nursery hosts first rose festival
A world famous nursery in Attleborough will be holding its first ever Rose Festival this weekend.
The award-winning Peter Beales Roses, based in London Road hopes to make the festival an annual event.
Richard Beales, managing director, said: 'We wanted people to re-discover the romance of roses and all of the pleasure that they provide in the garden, as well as in many other ways that they feature in food, toiletries and arts and crafts'.
As well as viewing many of the hundreds of varieties of blooms produced by the company in its Rose Garden, visitors will have the chance to sample refreshments with a rose theme, including rose cream teas and rose beer.
Rose themed gifts will also be available in the Sweet Briar Garden Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Garden tours, a talk about the care and cultivation of roses and a gardeners' question time will also take place.
Attending the event will be local groups and charities, such as beekeepers, Norfolk and Norwich Horticultural Society and Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 5 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 9 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 10 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
Peter Beales Roses has won more than 100 awards at prestigious shows, including 19 Gold Medals at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The Rose Festival will take place on Saturday, between 9am and 5pm, and Sunday, between 10am and 4pm. Admission is free.
For more information, call Peter Beales Rose on 01953 454707.