Attleborough nursery hosts first rose festival
A world famous nursery in Attleborough will be holding its first ever Rose Festival this weekend.
The award-winning Peter Beales Roses, based in London Road hopes to make the festival an annual event.
Richard Beales, managing director, said: 'We wanted people to re-discover the romance of roses and all of the pleasure that they provide in the garden, as well as in many other ways that they feature in food, toiletries and arts and crafts'.
As well as viewing many of the hundreds of varieties of blooms produced by the company in its Rose Garden, visitors will have the chance to sample refreshments with a rose theme, including rose cream teas and rose beer.
Rose themed gifts will also be available in the Sweet Briar Garden Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Garden tours, a talk about the care and cultivation of roses and a gardeners' question time will also take place.
Attending the event will be local groups and charities, such as beekeepers, Norfolk and Norwich Horticultural Society and Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
Peter Beales Roses has won more than 100 awards at prestigious shows, including 19 Gold Medals at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The Rose Festival will take place on Saturday, between 9am and 5pm, and Sunday, between 10am and 4pm. Admission is free.
For more information, call Peter Beales Rose on 01953 454707.