Bands wanted for New Buckenham festival
Bands are wanted for a free music festival at New Buckenham that showcases local talent.Organisers are promising at least eight hours of live music at their outdoor venue in May, and are teaming up this year for the first time with the BBC.
Bands are wanted for a free music festival at New Buckenham that showcases local talent.
Organisers are promising at least eight hours of live music at their outdoor venue in May, and are teaming up this year for the first time with the BBC. They will join the event with a special set featuring some of the best bands that will go out on their weekly show on BBC Radio Norfolk.
Those who prove themselves good enough could end up being spun by Huw Stephens on his Radio 1 show, or could be chosen to play a session at Maida Vale studios - following in the steps of some of the world's top names.
“This is a great opportunity for unsigned bands to play in a large outdoor venue and to have a chance of being spotted by the BBC,” said Pete Marshall, one of the festival organisers. “We're delighted we can make this year's festival free and we hope it'll be a must for all music lovers in the county,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Previous events have attracted the likes of Josh Weller, Letetsuo and Lisa Redford in recent years, and the festival is also keen to hear from school bands interested in performing a short set during the afternoon of Sunday May 25. Stall holders who want to provide side attractions are also invited to get in touch.
Contact Pete or Shauna Marshall on 07879 671287 for more details.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 9 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results