Billingford Windmill prepares for May open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A historic Norfolk windmill is inviting people to attend its next open day.
On Saturday, May 13 Billingford Windmill, in Billingford near Diss will hold its May open day, which will this month feature a vintage and classic car display on the common below the mill.
Open from midday until 4pm throughout the day there will be regular mill tours, a tombola and light refreshments available in the Shepherd's hut.
Owned by Norfolk County Council and overlooking Billingford Common, the mill is currently undergoing a major restoration which when complete will see the mill return to being a fully working windmill with the ability to grind grain.
From April to September, the mill holds monthly open days and are always looking for volunteers to help with tours and millers or trainee millers to operate mill during open days.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact the mill custodians Julie and Herbert Websdell via: 01379 853967
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving