Billingford Windmill prepares for May open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A historic Norfolk windmill is inviting people to attend its next open day.
On Saturday, May 13 Billingford Windmill, in Billingford near Diss will hold its May open day, which will this month feature a vintage and classic car display on the common below the mill.
Open from midday until 4pm throughout the day there will be regular mill tours, a tombola and light refreshments available in the Shepherd's hut.
Owned by Norfolk County Council and overlooking Billingford Common, the mill is currently undergoing a major restoration which when complete will see the mill return to being a fully working windmill with the ability to grind grain.
From April to September, the mill holds monthly open days and are always looking for volunteers to help with tours and millers or trainee millers to operate mill during open days.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact the mill custodians Julie and Herbert Websdell via: 01379 853967
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu