Billingford Windmill prepares for May open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A historic Norfolk windmill is inviting people to attend its next open day.
On Saturday, May 13 Billingford Windmill, in Billingford near Diss will hold its May open day, which will this month feature a vintage and classic car display on the common below the mill.
Open from midday until 4pm throughout the day there will be regular mill tours, a tombola and light refreshments available in the Shepherd's hut.
Owned by Norfolk County Council and overlooking Billingford Common, the mill is currently undergoing a major restoration which when complete will see the mill return to being a fully working windmill with the ability to grind grain.
From April to September, the mill holds monthly open days and are always looking for volunteers to help with tours and millers or trainee millers to operate mill during open days.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact the mill custodians Julie and Herbert Websdell via: 01379 853967
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days