Billingford Windmill prepares for May open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A historic Norfolk windmill is inviting people to attend its next open day.
On Saturday, May 13 Billingford Windmill, in Billingford near Diss will hold its May open day, which will this month feature a vintage and classic car display on the common below the mill.
Open from midday until 4pm throughout the day there will be regular mill tours, a tombola and light refreshments available in the Shepherd's hut.
Owned by Norfolk County Council and overlooking Billingford Common, the mill is currently undergoing a major restoration which when complete will see the mill return to being a fully working windmill with the ability to grind grain.
From April to September, the mill holds monthly open days and are always looking for volunteers to help with tours and millers or trainee millers to operate mill during open days.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact the mill custodians Julie and Herbert Websdell via: 01379 853967
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks