Billingford Windmill prepares for May open day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A historic Norfolk windmill is inviting people to attend its next open day.
On Saturday, May 13 Billingford Windmill, in Billingford near Diss will hold its May open day, which will this month feature a vintage and classic car display on the common below the mill.
Open from midday until 4pm throughout the day there will be regular mill tours, a tombola and light refreshments available in the Shepherd's hut.
Owned by Norfolk County Council and overlooking Billingford Common, the mill is currently undergoing a major restoration which when complete will see the mill return to being a fully working windmill with the ability to grind grain.
From April to September, the mill holds monthly open days and are always looking for volunteers to help with tours and millers or trainee millers to operate mill during open days.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact the mill custodians Julie and Herbert Websdell via: 01379 853967
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 3 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move