Brewery hosts community hop-picking event
- Credit: Star Wing
Star Wing Brewery is opening its doors for a day hop-picking, hog-roasting and live music at their annual Hops 'n' Hogs event.
The brewery based at an old redbrick sawmill in Redgrave grows its own hops and will again host the popular community hop-picking event on Saturday.
Kicking off at 2pm, all ages and abilities are invited to roll up their sleeves and enjoy an afternoon of picking hops, followed by a hearty hog roast and live music courtesy of The Ludlam Pikes and Mick the Baker Band.
The first 50 pickers to arrive on the day will as a thank you receive a voucher for a free hog roast and a free drink from the bar, including Star Wing's distinctive ales.
'There's a real sense of community in everyone coming together,' said Star Wing Brewery manager David Upton. 'There's something hugely appealing about returning to our rural past and uniting people from across the county in a simple activity like hop picking. And the picturesque surroundings of our brewery with amazing views of the Redgrave church and village certainly add to the pastoral atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
The English Electric Motor Co, an all electric motorcycle dealership and sister company to award-winning Old Empire Motorcycles, based at Hall Farm, will also be at the event with a demo experience and an eclectic mix of hot-rods and classic cars.
• Hops 'n' Hogs takes place on September 15, from 2pm to 11pm at Star Wing Brewery, Hall Farm, Church Road, Redgrave. For more information visit www.starwingbrewery.com
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?