Brewery hosts community hop-picking event
- Credit: Star Wing
Star Wing Brewery is opening its doors for a day hop-picking, hog-roasting and live music at their annual Hops 'n' Hogs event.
The brewery based at an old redbrick sawmill in Redgrave grows its own hops and will again host the popular community hop-picking event on Saturday.
Kicking off at 2pm, all ages and abilities are invited to roll up their sleeves and enjoy an afternoon of picking hops, followed by a hearty hog roast and live music courtesy of The Ludlam Pikes and Mick the Baker Band.
The first 50 pickers to arrive on the day will as a thank you receive a voucher for a free hog roast and a free drink from the bar, including Star Wing's distinctive ales.
'There's a real sense of community in everyone coming together,' said Star Wing Brewery manager David Upton. 'There's something hugely appealing about returning to our rural past and uniting people from across the county in a simple activity like hop picking. And the picturesque surroundings of our brewery with amazing views of the Redgrave church and village certainly add to the pastoral atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
The English Electric Motor Co, an all electric motorcycle dealership and sister company to award-winning Old Empire Motorcycles, based at Hall Farm, will also be at the event with a demo experience and an eclectic mix of hot-rods and classic cars.
• Hops 'n' Hogs takes place on September 15, from 2pm to 11pm at Star Wing Brewery, Hall Farm, Church Road, Redgrave. For more information visit www.starwingbrewery.com
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission