Chance to get learning this autumn
GET busy this autumn - there's a wide range of adult and community learning evening courses and Saturday workshops on offer in north Suffolk.The season's activities got under way on Monday at Stradbroke Business and Enterprise College and other local venues.
GET busy this autumn - there's a wide range of adult and community learning evening courses and Saturday workshops on offer in north Suffolk.
The season's activities got under way on Monday at Stradbroke Business and Enterprise College and other local venues.
The drawing and painting class with Gerald Nason is back in Laxfield in the new village hall.
It will start tomorrow, and because of popular demand this will now be a two-and-a-half-hour class starting at 9.30am.
Both the creative writing and woodwind, string and piano sessions take place monthly and begin on Saturday, October 4, continuing on the first Saturday in November and December.
Other Saturday workshops that will be taking place during the term are Indian head massage, archery and belly dancing.
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 3 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 6 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
And a new Saturday workshop with Christmas in mind involves festive garlands and wreaths.
Sessions are offered on November 22 and December 6.
The regular courses, including stained glass, pottery and yoga, are on offer, along with two new courses: flower arranging/festive ideas and keep fit for 50-plus.
For more information, the full list of courses and bookings contact Carol Wyatt on 01379 383988.