Chance to get learning this autumn
GET busy this autumn - there's a wide range of adult and community learning evening courses and Saturday workshops on offer in north Suffolk.The season's activities got under way on Monday at Stradbroke Business and Enterprise College and other local venues.
GET busy this autumn - there's a wide range of adult and community learning evening courses and Saturday workshops on offer in north Suffolk.
The season's activities got under way on Monday at Stradbroke Business and Enterprise College and other local venues.
The drawing and painting class with Gerald Nason is back in Laxfield in the new village hall.
It will start tomorrow, and because of popular demand this will now be a two-and-a-half-hour class starting at 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Both the creative writing and woodwind, string and piano sessions take place monthly and begin on Saturday, October 4, continuing on the first Saturday in November and December.
Other Saturday workshops that will be taking place during the term are Indian head massage, archery and belly dancing.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
And a new Saturday workshop with Christmas in mind involves festive garlands and wreaths.
Sessions are offered on November 22 and December 6.
The regular courses, including stained glass, pottery and yoga, are on offer, along with two new courses: flower arranging/festive ideas and keep fit for 50-plus.
For more information, the full list of courses and bookings contact Carol Wyatt on 01379 383988.