Renowned classical music husband and wife stage Norfolk church concert
- Credit: Chris Edwards
A husband and wife who are internationally recognised classical music performers are to host a special candlelight concert in South Norfolk.
Renowned conductor and violinist Christopher Warren-Green, who arranged and conducted the music at three royal weddings including the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall, and his wife Rosemary, an acclaimed violin/viola player and recording artist, will be performing at St Andrew's Church in Fersfield on July 13.
They will be performing Schubert String Quintet in C major and other favourites with an ensemble of other well known classical players including Kathryn Parry, Wendy Gudgin, Harriet Bennett and David Bucknall.
Mr Warren-Green is music director of the Charlotte Symphony in North Carolina and was a mentor on the BBC programme Maestro.
In 2017 the couple, who have a home in Fersfield, held a music camp in the village featured expert instrumentalists and youngsters making their own music, ending with the inaugural concert of the Fersfield Symphony Orchestra. The couple also run the London Chamber Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert are £20. More details from Bressingham Village Shop or on 01379 687355. Proceeds are in aid of the restoration of St Andrew's and The Music Junction, a charity to provide musical education to young people.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 6 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 7 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 8 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards