Renowned classical music husband and wife stage Norfolk church concert
- Credit: Chris Edwards
A husband and wife who are internationally recognised classical music performers are to host a special candlelight concert in South Norfolk.
Renowned conductor and violinist Christopher Warren-Green, who arranged and conducted the music at three royal weddings including the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall, and his wife Rosemary, an acclaimed violin/viola player and recording artist, will be performing at St Andrew's Church in Fersfield on July 13.
They will be performing Schubert String Quintet in C major and other favourites with an ensemble of other well known classical players including Kathryn Parry, Wendy Gudgin, Harriet Bennett and David Bucknall.
Mr Warren-Green is music director of the Charlotte Symphony in North Carolina and was a mentor on the BBC programme Maestro.
In 2017 the couple, who have a home in Fersfield, held a music camp in the village featured expert instrumentalists and youngsters making their own music, ending with the inaugural concert of the Fersfield Symphony Orchestra. The couple also run the London Chamber Orchestra.
Tickets for the concert are £20. More details from Bressingham Village Shop or on 01379 687355. Proceeds are in aid of the restoration of St Andrew's and The Music Junction, a charity to provide musical education to young people.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?