Church week to end with big party
A WEEK of community projects run by Diss Churches will end with a Party at the Pavilion on Saturday. It is part of Hope08 - a nationwide initiative which encourages churches to run youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses this year.
A WEEK of community projects run by Diss Churches will end with a Party at the Pavilion on Saturday.
It is part of Hope08 - a nationwide initiative which encourages churches to run youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses this year.
Volunteers from the Diss Churches have been helping local people with a variety of maintenance and household tasks during the school half-term. And they have been helping to refurbish the park pavilion and repaint its mural using a new design, drawn by the winners of a youth competition.
The Party at the Pavilion features live bands (Pete McAllen, World Without End and Evandalist), face painting, a hog roast and great attractions (bungee run, zero gravity bouncy castle, super sumo and a balloon race - among others).
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 12-7pm and rock star Rick Wakeman will unveil the new mural at 1pm. Entry is free, as are many of the attractions.
For more details please contact the DC3 office on 01379 644223, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days