Church week to end with big party
A WEEK of community projects run by Diss Churches will end with a Party at the Pavilion on Saturday. It is part of Hope08 - a nationwide initiative which encourages churches to run youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses this year.
A WEEK of community projects run by Diss Churches will end with a Party at the Pavilion on Saturday.
It is part of Hope08 - a nationwide initiative which encourages churches to run youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses this year.
Volunteers from the Diss Churches have been helping local people with a variety of maintenance and household tasks during the school half-term. And they have been helping to refurbish the park pavilion and repaint its mural using a new design, drawn by the winners of a youth competition.
The Party at the Pavilion features live bands (Pete McAllen, World Without End and Evandalist), face painting, a hog roast and great attractions (bungee run, zero gravity bouncy castle, super sumo and a balloon race - among others).
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 12-7pm and rock star Rick Wakeman will unveil the new mural at 1pm. Entry is free, as are many of the attractions.
For more details please contact the DC3 office on 01379 644223, or via e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk