Church week to end with big party
A WEEK of community projects run by Diss Churches will end with a Party at the Pavilion on Saturday. It is part of Hope08 - a nationwide initiative which encourages churches to run youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses this year.
A WEEK of community projects run by Diss Churches will end with a Party at the Pavilion on Saturday.
It is part of Hope08 - a nationwide initiative which encourages churches to run youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses this year.
Volunteers from the Diss Churches have been helping local people with a variety of maintenance and household tasks during the school half-term. And they have been helping to refurbish the park pavilion and repaint its mural using a new design, drawn by the winners of a youth competition.
The Party at the Pavilion features live bands (Pete McAllen, World Without End and Evandalist), face painting, a hog roast and great attractions (bungee run, zero gravity bouncy castle, super sumo and a balloon race - among others).
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 12-7pm and rock star Rick Wakeman will unveil the new mural at 1pm. Entry is free, as are many of the attractions.
For more details please contact the DC3 office on 01379 644223, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk