Corn Hall serves up autumn treats
Diss Corn Hall has announced a packed programme of music, movies, comedy and a beer festival to warm patrons as the nights close in.The entertainment venue promises something for everyone between October and December following the investment in improved acoustics, new decor, brand new loos, October kicks off with a gig from top Norfolk group The Vagaband, whose infectious blend of rock 'n' roll, swing, country and ska will have everyone on their feet.
Diss Corn Hall has announced a packed programme of music, movies, comedy and a beer festival to warm patrons as the nights close in.
The entertainment venue promises something for everyone between October and December following the investment in improved acoustics, new decor, brand new loos,
October kicks off with a gig from top Norfolk group The Vagaband, whose infectious blend of rock 'n' roll, swing, country and ska will have everyone on their feet. And the Corn Hall will host its second beer festival on Friday and Saturday, October 15 and 16.
Youngsters looking for the ultimate Twilight experience are being urged to attend the hall's Halloween Party on Wednesday, October 27.
The Black Ram Theatre Company delighted audiences last month with their musical version of Love's Labour's Lost and will be returning for a performance of Arthur Miller's The Crucible on Thursday, October 28.
There is half-term family fun at 1.30pm on Saturday, October 30 with the Rapping Rats, from Obelon Puppet Theatre.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
- 8 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 9 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
Anyone with even just a passing interest in Americana, Bluegrass or step dancing should come and see world-famous dancer Ira Bernstein and banjo player Riley Baugus on Friday, November 5.
On November 10 and 11, Anomic Multimedia Theatre will be performing its ingenious and original show The Sum of It All, which featured at this year's Edinburgh Festival.
On Friday, November 12 you can come and Walk the Line with Roger Dean and his Johnny Cash tribute show and on Friday, November 19, the Black Ram Theatre Company are back with a searing new version of Ibsen's classic, A Doll's House .
December features a host of Christmas entertainment including annual favourites - The Burgate Singers, the Diss Town Carol Concert, The Searchers Christmas Show and the SNYSB Christmas Concert.
And that is on top of the monthly dose of over 18s outrageousness from Norwich's Red Card Comedy Club and every two weeks a screening of the very best films.
For more information, call 01379 652241 or visit www.disscornhall.co.uk