Corn Hall to host Angles' spring play
Eastern Angles' spring show, The Long Way Home written by Charles Way, is visiting Diss Corn Hall on May 13.The touring theatre company's new production, directed by young theatre director Naomi Jones, is on a three-and-a-half month tour of East Anglia, visiting over 50 different venues.
Eastern Angles' spring show, The Long Way Home written by Charles Way, is visiting Diss Corn Hall on May 13.
The touring theatre company's new production, directed by young theatre director Naomi Jones, is on a three-and-a-half month tour of East Anglia, visiting over 50 different venues.
Tickets for this show are available at �10 (�8 concessions) from the Corn Hall box office on 01379 652241 - website www.discornhall.co.uk
The Long Way Home is inspired by traditional folktales. Eastern Angles will use original music, puppetry and storytelling techniques to bring this latest production to life.
You may also want to watch:
The story centres on a spirited old woman and her pilgrimage across country back to the seaside village of her childhood. As she treks across the land the 'old mother' meets an abandoned dog-boy and a tender friendship is forged.
On the way, the two companions encounter a series of strange and unsettling characters - a distraught mother, a proud farmer, dangerous bandits and ghosts from the past all fighting their own personal battles.
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
Charles Way is an award-winning writer of over 30 plays. Eastern Angles audiences may remember his wonderfully atmospheric play In The Bleak Midwinter which toured the East of England back in 2000.
Naomi Jones's production Return To Akenfield also for Eastern Angles gained glowing reviews from both The Guardian and The Times.