Corn Hall to host Angles' spring play
Eastern Angles' spring show, The Long Way Home written by Charles Way, is visiting Diss Corn Hall on May 13.The touring theatre company's new production, directed by young theatre director Naomi Jones, is on a three-and-a-half month tour of East Anglia, visiting over 50 different venues.
Eastern Angles' spring show, The Long Way Home written by Charles Way, is visiting Diss Corn Hall on May 13.
The touring theatre company's new production, directed by young theatre director Naomi Jones, is on a three-and-a-half month tour of East Anglia, visiting over 50 different venues.
Tickets for this show are available at �10 (�8 concessions) from the Corn Hall box office on 01379 652241 - website www.discornhall.co.uk
The Long Way Home is inspired by traditional folktales. Eastern Angles will use original music, puppetry and storytelling techniques to bring this latest production to life.
You may also want to watch:
The story centres on a spirited old woman and her pilgrimage across country back to the seaside village of her childhood. As she treks across the land the 'old mother' meets an abandoned dog-boy and a tender friendship is forged.
On the way, the two companions encounter a series of strange and unsettling characters - a distraught mother, a proud farmer, dangerous bandits and ghosts from the past all fighting their own personal battles.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Charles Way is an award-winning writer of over 30 plays. Eastern Angles audiences may remember his wonderfully atmospheric play In The Bleak Midwinter which toured the East of England back in 2000.
Naomi Jones's production Return To Akenfield also for Eastern Angles gained glowing reviews from both The Guardian and The Times.