Deadline extended for this year’s Norfolk Day writing competition
- Credit: Archant
The deadline for this year’s Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition has been extended.
Dozens of entries have already been received but if you haven’t entered yet, then now is your chance to.
Entries to the free competition were due in at 11.59pm on Friday, July 8, but the deadline has been extended to 11.59pm on Monday, July 11 to give writers a whole extra weekend.
Seeking beautifully composed prose of 100 words exactly, the competition is held in association with the National Centre for Writing (NCW) and Norwich’s independent children’s bookshop, Bookbugs and Dragon Tales.
To enter, participants will need to adhere to the theme 'fit for a queen’, which is a nod to this year's platinum jubilee celebratory year. The theme can be interpreted as loosely as desired.
There are three categories to enter: Young writers (ages 5 – 12), teen writers (ages 13 – 19), and adult writers (20 and over). Collaborations are allowed but all participants will need to be in the same category.
The NCW and Bookbugs and Dragon Tales are offering prizes to the winners, including a bundle of online courses, books, and vouchers.
- 1 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 2 Historic US airfield museum volunteers awarded highest Queen’s honour
- 3 Overturned lorry causes heavy traffic on A140
- 4 Heatwave to return this week - but how hot is Norfolk going to be?
- 5 See inside £1.5m north Suffolk farmhouse surrounded by a moat
- 6 Health warning issued as temperatures to hit 34C in Norfolk this week
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Four-day extreme heat weather warning for Norfolk issued by Met Office
- 9 'Absolute rubbish' - Summit discusses controversial waste plant
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
Winners will be announced on July 27 and the winning entries will be published in the EDP.
You can read last year’s winners at www.edp24.co.uk and searching for 'Norfolk Day Drabble'.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com with the subject header ‘Norfolk Day Drabble Competition’.
How to enter:
Submissions must be 100 words exactly and Google Docs will be used to check the word count. Titles will not be included in the final word count.
Up to three entries per person, including collaborations. Participants retain rights to their submissions. Entries must be fictional and written in English. Participation is open to anyone who lives in Norfolk or has links with the county.
The new deadline for entries is 11.59pm GMT on Monday, July 11 2022. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header 'Norfolk Day Drabble Competition'. Include full name, age, and address.
- Richardson's is the sponsor of this year’s Norfolk Day.
- If you are organising something for Norfolk Day, no matter how big or small, then please tell us about it or share a photo so we can give it some promotion. Email email@example.com, tweet @norfolk and use the hashtag #NorfolkDay, or visit the Norfolk Day Facebook group or online store.