'It went crazy' - 1,500 going to Hot Air Balloon Festival at country park
- Credit: Old Buckenham Country Park
Excitement is rising ahead of the first Hot Air Balloon Festival this weekend, with the event now sold out.
The festival will take place at Old Buckenham Country Park from Friday, August 13 until Sunday, August 15 and it will feature 10 to 15 balloons.
The gates open at 12pm on Friday and across the three days there will also be live music, children's entertainment, a barbecue and beer festival, street food and a balloon evening glow up.
The event was first announced in late July, after all limits on social contact ended, and since then 1,500 tickets have been sold, which includes day, weekend and camping passes.
Leanne Whitman, campsite manager for Old Buckenham Country Park, said: "The owner of the site has a keen interest in hot air balloons and with the Bristol one cancelled it coincidentally worked in our favour.
"We have sold about 1,500 tickets and made the decision to sell out as it went crazy overnight and we wanted to keep it a fairly intimate event.
"We would like to do it every year if successful."
- 1 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 2 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 5 Man could stand trial after motorcyclist death in B1113 crash
- 6 Spanish street food business gets residency at Norfolk pub
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Biogas plan in south Norfolk village leads to road safety fears
- 9 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products