All hail the ale! Diss beer and gin festival returns
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Whether your tipple is a pint or a locally crafted artisan spirit there will be plenty to raise a glass to as the beer and gin festival returns to Diss.
A bumper crowd is once again expected to turn out to the event at Diss Corn Hall on Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12 to sample a wide range of cask beers, easy-drinking pale ales, and bitters, as well as a selection of gins and garnishes, such as orange and coriander.
This year's event marks something of a 10th anniversary for the event that began in 2009 though the Corn Hall refurbishment meant it hasn't been an uninterrupted run.
The 'Big Grain Bar' will be back in the main hall for 2019, serving cask beers on gravity, with a wide range of beer styles and breweries to choose from. As well as plenty of easy-drinking pale ales and bitters, there will be some carefully selected 'beers of interest' to try.
Meanwhile at the 'foyer' bar, we'll have a range of gins with mixers and garnishes to match plus the usual full bar options. There is also food and plenty of games and quizzes to keep drinkers busy.
You may also want to watch:
Live music will include on Friday performances from Norfolk blues legend Dave Thomas and Brit-pop covers band The Stereotypes who are known for getting everyone up and dancing.
Meanwhile on Saturday The Butcher's Dog return after successfully getting the festival rocking last year with their great mix of mod, punk, northern soul and dirty rock'n roll hits.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 6 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 7 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 8 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards
There is no entry fee. A beer token system available for purchase on the door will operate for the beers, while the gin bar is cash only.