Diss Corn Hall set for new year
A Norfolk theatre has an African Dance Workshop and showcase of contemporary art coming up among its events during January.
The Corn Hall in Diss will stage a display of contemporary art called Interval, produced by artists who are current or alumni students of Norwich University College of the Arts.
The free exhibition will be in the Old Stables between January 7 and 28 from 11am-4pm and there will be an evening viewing on January 11 between 6pm and 7.45pm.
The classic film Singin' in the Rain, starring Gene Kelly and Jean Hagen, will be shown at the theatre on January 7 at 2pm. Tickets cost �4 or �3 for concessions.
On January 14, drum band Tamalin will be providing the live music for the African Dance Workshop where teacher Trevor Ault will be teaching all ages and abilities.
Musicians from the South Norfolk Youth Symphonic Band (SNYSB) will be joining professionals from Her Majesty's Band of the Royal Marines for a concert on January 22 at 6.30pm.
Four trainee bandmasters will be conducting alongside SNYSB musical director Mike Booty. Refreshments will be available. Tickets cost �9 tiered and �7 flat.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
Comedy will be provided by the Red Card Comedy Club on January 27 when Andre Vincent, Mark Simmons and Sally Anne Hayward will be performing.
For more information and a full list of events, visit www.disscornhall.co.uk or phone 01379 652241.