Diss Film Society latest show
Diss Film Society at The Park Hotel is showing The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (15) on Monday at 8pm. Elle editor Jean-Dominique Bauby, suffered a stroke at the age of 43 that paralyzed his entire body, except his left eye.
Diss Film Society at The Park Hotel is showing The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (15) on Monday at 8pm.
Elle editor Jean-Dominique Bauby, suffered a stroke at the age of 43 that paralyzed his entire body, except his left eye. Using that eye to blink out his memoir, Bauby eloquently described the aspects of his interior world, from the psychological torment of being trapped inside his body, to his imagined stories from lands he'd only visited in his mind.
Ronald Harwood's script and artist Julian Schnabel's direction both won Oscar nominations for this superb but unsentimental film.
Admission £4; members £3; students £2.
You may also want to watch:
See www.dissfilmsociety.com for details of the new season and membership.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor