Trigger Happy TV star Dom Joly bringing travel tales to Diss
- Credit: Away With Media
Comedian Dom Joly, best known as the star and creator of Trigger Happy TV is heading to Diss Corn Hall as part of a new tour.
The writer and broadcaster's show, Dom Joly's Holiday Snaps: Travel and Comedy in the Danger Zone, is part of his first UK tour since 2011.
The date on February 21 will see him talk about his exploits as a serial globe-trotter and seeker of dangerous travel spots.
From North Korea though the Congo and Syria to Chernobyl, he's visited some of the most unusual places on the planet and will be sharing tales on his rip-roaring travelogue to fans taking up the rare opportunity to see him live.
Joly famously attended school with Osama Bin Laden and armed with a trusty Powerpoint, fans can expect his holiday snaps to provide comedy and a sense of danger.
The show is a follow-up his best-selling book The Dark Tourist that was inspired by his childhood spent in war-torn Lebanon, where his family spent time hunkered in the family basement under Syrian rocket attack.
The best-selling author will meet fans after the show to sign copies of his latest book, The Hezbollah Hiking Club.
- Dom Joly's Holiday Snaps is at Diss Corn Hall on February 21, 2020, 8pm, £18, 01379 652241, disscornhall.co.uk
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 3 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 4 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 9 How the law around using your phone while driving is changing
- 10 Interactive map: Fall in coronavirus cases in Norfolk