Eye Arts Club celebrates 15th birthday
Eye Arts Club will be celebrating its 15 year anniversary at the weekend with an afternoon of children's arts activities, an exhibition, film screening and refreshments.
The event will take place at the Vine Church in Eye on Saturday between 2pm and 5pm.
Art tutor Liz Waugh McManus said: 'It would be fantastic to have past Eye Arts Club members and volunteers drop by to celebrate with us. They will be able to watch film clips of highlights from some of Eye Arts' 45 performances and catch a glimpse of their younger selves'.
Eye Arts Club grew out of a pilot project set up by Suffolk Artlink, Out and About, Obelon Arts and Dance East originally to provide activities for disabled children and their siblings.
In September 1996, Eye Arts Club was set up as a charity with a committee of participants' parents to run arts projects open to all young people from Eye and the surrounding area, with sessions run by professional artists supported by a committed group of volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Since then it has been attended by hundreds of children and young people aged 7 to 25 years both with and without additional needs who want to take part in exciting arts projects incorporating theatre, dance, film, animation, puppetry, and visual arts.
For more information, call 01379 668464 or visit www.eye-arts-club.org.uk
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Collapsed embankment means major disruption to Norwich-London trains
- 3 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 4 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 5 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight