Five minutes with...Christina Worby at Diss Publishing Bookshop
- Credit: Archant
For the first feature in what will be an ongoing series, we asked 10 questions to Christina Worby, of Diss Publishing Bookshop.
Tell us about yourself
A graduate of the University of Winchester for creative writing and English with a love for books (it's fab I'm currently a bookseller!).
What is a typical day like for you?
Helping customers find books and ensuring we are as up to date with trending books as we can be.
You may also want to watch:
How did you get to where you are?
I went to university, did an internship at Bloomsbury in the children's editorial department before coming to Diss.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
How long have you lived in South Norfolk?
All my life.
What do you love about your job?
Meeting the reps and ordering up and coming books and helping customers find that perfect story as a gift for others or themselves.
What project are you working on at the moment?
Organising a Harry Potter event for Diss Publishing Bookshop, whilst pursuing my own writing interests.
Tell us a surprising fact about yourself
In university, my favourite subject of study was 18th-century women writers.
What are you most excited about in the next six months?
The publication of Book of Dust by Philip Pullman, which is a prequel series for the world of His Dark Materials.
What are you reading at the moment?
The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.
Tea or coffee?
Coffee with milk, no sugar.