Get plastered with Tom this weekend
People are invited to learn a centuries-old skill at a 'Get Plastered' day in south Norfolk. Tom Mackeown of local firm Designer Stubble will be plastering the straw wall of an eco-friendly cottage extension he recently built with clay that has been dug from the garden.
People are invited to learn a centuries-old skill at a 'Get Plastered' day in south Norfolk.
Tom Mackeown of local firm Designer Stubble will be plastering the straw wall of an eco-friendly cottage extension he recently built with clay that has been dug from the garden. And he is giving members of the public the opportunity to join in.
He said: “We will be preparing the clay, jumping about in it to mix it, and then 'throwing' it at the wall as has been done for centuries. This can be a messy job, so if you would like to take part, please wear old clothes and bring a pair of wellies.”.
Plastering will be on Saturday November 8 between 10am and 4pm at End Cottage, Wood Green, near Long Stratton.
You may also want to watch:
From the Norwich direction, take the A140 and turn left into Hall Lane after the Aston Martin Garage in Long Stratton, signposted to Morningthorpe and Hardwick. Follow the road past Leeders Mills into Mill Road. Turn right towards Bush Green and Shelton.Turn next right into Wood Lane. End Cottage is on the left hand side near the common, post code: NR15 2RR.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables