Get plastered with Tom this weekend
People are invited to learn a centuries-old skill at a 'Get Plastered' day in south Norfolk. Tom Mackeown of local firm Designer Stubble will be plastering the straw wall of an eco-friendly cottage extension he recently built with clay that has been dug from the garden.
People are invited to learn a centuries-old skill at a 'Get Plastered' day in south Norfolk.
Tom Mackeown of local firm Designer Stubble will be plastering the straw wall of an eco-friendly cottage extension he recently built with clay that has been dug from the garden. And he is giving members of the public the opportunity to join in.
He said: “We will be preparing the clay, jumping about in it to mix it, and then 'throwing' it at the wall as has been done for centuries. This can be a messy job, so if you would like to take part, please wear old clothes and bring a pair of wellies.”.
Plastering will be on Saturday November 8 between 10am and 4pm at End Cottage, Wood Green, near Long Stratton.
You may also want to watch:
From the Norwich direction, take the A140 and turn left into Hall Lane after the Aston Martin Garage in Long Stratton, signposted to Morningthorpe and Hardwick. Follow the road past Leeders Mills into Mill Road. Turn right towards Bush Green and Shelton.Turn next right into Wood Lane. End Cottage is on the left hand side near the common, post code: NR15 2RR.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van