Harleston Players present Around the World in 80 days
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Players will be embarking on a race against time this month as they present an adaptation of Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days.
The classic race against time tells the story of a Phileas Fogg, a cool-headed Englishman who sets off on a bet to travel around the world just 80 days, with his hot-blooded man servant Passepartout.
Along the way the pair encounter natural disasters, kidnappings and attacks - all whilst being pursued by Inspector Fix of Scotland Yard, who believes Fogg has stolen from the Bank of England in order to win his wager.
Production director David Cummings said: 'This is an exciting show, crossing continents, travelling by train, steamship, sailing boat, sledge and even elephant.'
Performances are on January 26 and 27 and February 2 and 3 at Archbishop Sancroft High School (ASHS), Harleston.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £9 per person, with concessions available from Harleston Pet Stores or by phone on 01379 852845.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters