Harleston Players present Around the World in 80 days
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Players will be embarking on a race against time this month as they present an adaptation of Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days.
The classic race against time tells the story of a Phileas Fogg, a cool-headed Englishman who sets off on a bet to travel around the world just 80 days, with his hot-blooded man servant Passepartout.
Along the way the pair encounter natural disasters, kidnappings and attacks - all whilst being pursued by Inspector Fix of Scotland Yard, who believes Fogg has stolen from the Bank of England in order to win his wager.
Production director David Cummings said: 'This is an exciting show, crossing continents, travelling by train, steamship, sailing boat, sledge and even elephant.'
Performances are on January 26 and 27 and February 2 and 3 at Archbishop Sancroft High School (ASHS), Harleston.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £9 per person, with concessions available from Harleston Pet Stores or by phone on 01379 852845.
- 1 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 2 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes