Harleston Players present Around the World in 80 days
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Players will be embarking on a race against time this month as they present an adaptation of Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days.
The classic race against time tells the story of a Phileas Fogg, a cool-headed Englishman who sets off on a bet to travel around the world just 80 days, with his hot-blooded man servant Passepartout.
Along the way the pair encounter natural disasters, kidnappings and attacks - all whilst being pursued by Inspector Fix of Scotland Yard, who believes Fogg has stolen from the Bank of England in order to win his wager.
Production director David Cummings said: 'This is an exciting show, crossing continents, travelling by train, steamship, sailing boat, sledge and even elephant.'
Performances are on January 26 and 27 and February 2 and 3 at Archbishop Sancroft High School (ASHS), Harleston.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £9 per person, with concessions available from Harleston Pet Stores or by phone on 01379 852845.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu