Have a go with us, say bikers
The Diss section of the Cyclists Touring Club is continuing its CATI - come and try it - rides on the first Sunday of each month. On Sunday, May 4 the regular ride will be a round trip with a stop at Old Buckenham Airfield and returning to Diss.
The Diss section of the Cyclists Touring Club is continuing its CATI - come and try it - rides on the first Sunday of each month.
On Sunday, May 4 the regular ride will be a round trip with a stop at Old Buckenham Airfield and returning to Diss. However a shorter route at a very easy pace will be taken for anybody who would like to come and try it. These rides are ideal for anybody who has a bike but is perhaps a little daunted by the prospect of keeping up with a group.
The CATI ride starts from the Shelfanger Road car park by the CAB at 9.30am and will be led by an experienced cyclist who will allow plenty of stops. It will involve about an hour's ride each way with a generous recuperation stop and coffee at the airfield diner, returning to Diss by1.30pm.
The group rides from Diss regularly on a Sunday and Tuesday always starting from the same place at 9.30 am. The Tuesday rides include a lunch stop and return mid afternoon. New cyclists are always welcome on the regular rides but, for those uncertain of their capabilities the CATI rides are an ideal easy introduction.
You may also want to watch:
No under 18s, unless accompanied by an adult. Please bring basic tool kit, spare inner tube and pump that fits your bike. Please ensure that your bike is in a roadworthy condition.
For more information please phone Richard Pither on 01379 652825 or Paul Moore 01379 643189.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 6 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
For a full list of all the rides and activities of Diss CTC log onto www.norfolkda.co.uk or see the Rides List in Madgett's shop window, Shelfanger Road, Diss.