Jazz spectacular at Redgrave church
S'WONDERFUL!... it's De-lovely! is the title of a concert in St Mary's Church, Redgrave, featuring jazz singer Elaine Delmar. Backed by the Brian Dee band, her programme includes the songs of George Gershwin and Cole Porter.
S'WONDERFUL!... it's De-lovely! is the title of a concert in St Mary's Church, Redgrave, featuring jazz singer Elaine Delmar.
Backed by the Brian Dee band, her programme includes the songs of George Gershwin and Cole Porter.
It is an opportunity to enjoy an artist described by critics as one of the best jazz singers in Britain today. Elaine enjoys a successful recording career, and has made many television, radio and film appearances, being equally at home in concert hall, theatre or church. An all-round musician born in Hertfordshire, the daughter of trumpeter Leslie “Jiver” Hutchinson, Elaine has been singing professionally since she was 16. She has sung with the London Symphony Orchestra, in concert with Andy Williams, toured New Zealand, and made popular annual appearances at Ronnie Scott's Club in London.
The Redgrave concert is presented by the Redgrave Church Heritage Trust.
You may also want to watch:
S'Wonderful... It's De-Lovely! is on Saturday, May 24, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £15 and £10 from the
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
box office on 01379 898726.