Jazz spectacular at Redgrave church
S'WONDERFUL!... it's De-lovely! is the title of a concert in St Mary's Church, Redgrave, featuring jazz singer Elaine Delmar. Backed by the Brian Dee band, her programme includes the songs of George Gershwin and Cole Porter.
S'WONDERFUL!... it's De-lovely! is the title of a concert in St Mary's Church, Redgrave, featuring jazz singer Elaine Delmar.
Backed by the Brian Dee band, her programme includes the songs of George Gershwin and Cole Porter.
It is an opportunity to enjoy an artist described by critics as one of the best jazz singers in Britain today. Elaine enjoys a successful recording career, and has made many television, radio and film appearances, being equally at home in concert hall, theatre or church. An all-round musician born in Hertfordshire, the daughter of trumpeter Leslie “Jiver” Hutchinson, Elaine has been singing professionally since she was 16. She has sung with the London Symphony Orchestra, in concert with Andy Williams, toured New Zealand, and made popular annual appearances at Ronnie Scott's Club in London.
The Redgrave concert is presented by the Redgrave Church Heritage Trust.
You may also want to watch:
S'Wonderful... It's De-Lovely! is on Saturday, May 24, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £15 and £10 from the
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 7 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
box office on 01379 898726.