Make way for Ivor the Engine!
CHILDREN's favourite Ivor the Engine makes his first ever visit to Norfolk this weekend - all the way from Wales with his driver Jones the Steam. Ivor will be in fine voice with his three whistles and able to take passengers in the coach behind him.
CHILDREN's favourite Ivor the Engine makes his first ever visit to Norfolk this weekend - all the way from Wales with his driver Jones the Steam.
Ivor will be in fine voice with his three whistles and able to take passengers in the coach behind him.
First released in 1959 and then again in the early 1970s Ivor and his friends such as Dai Station, Idris the Dragon and Bluebell the Donkey are still in the minds of people in their 40 today.
Ivor famously always wanted to join the local Welsh voice choir, and timetables had to be adjusted to fit in with choir practice and keeping the dragon warm in Ivor's fire.
You may also want to watch:
Bressingham will also have children's entertainers on site, the Carousel will be spinning and all usual features such as the Dads Army Museum and engines sheds will be open.
The Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited must be one of the best known and best loved railways in the world. The fact that it is wholly fictitious and exists only in the cartoon films, books and videos produced by Peter Firmin and Oliver Postgate has not detracted in any way from the reality.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 4 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 5 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
Full details of opening times and ticket prices can be found at www.bressingham.co.uk, or by calling 01379 686900.